Week 10 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

13 hours ago, N4L said:

Carson averages 2.5 catches a game. It's not like they throw to him all that often. Most of their games he has 1 or 2 catches. 

I agree with most of what you said, except running the clock out will never be on my mind unless we are up three scores. Wilson has worked magic all year long. I don't want to get the lead and be content with just having the lead. We need to push the game out of reach. You can still throw the ball and keep the clock running.

We have gotten big leads then just ran the ball a lot to kill clock and slow the game down. It's worked really well for us because we were playing some bad offenses who can't score quickly. The Seahawks have the ability to score very quickly and that means we need to adjust our strategy a little bit this week. 

Let's open up the game throwing the ball, come out three wide and take some shots down the field to set the tone, and just keep piling on. We should be able to score 30+ points on them. 

This is a statement game 

Carson is their third leading receiver at 24 receptions and targets 30. People forget this is a run first offense as well so your target share and volume is much lower, but no matter how you cut it he is a guy they look to throw to.

In regards to running down the clock, obviously you aren't going to go into run mode and clock mode without a decent lead. The formula for this game should be no different than any other they have played. Get up early by exposing the defense of Seattle and then go into clock mode in the second half once you have a big enough lead.

I too complete disagree with the idea of going three wide when you run 21 personnel as much as the Niners do.

• Like 1

Happy to hear that Staley, McGlinchey, and Juszczyk are expected back monday, but hearing how Spoon/Taylor/Hurd have had their setbacks sucks too...i would love to see all 3 on the field during the stretch run. 

I remember Peter King raving about Hurd in a TC article a few months ago, saying he was really impressive, and i've been waiting to see him since. Shanny said Taylor was our best offensive player in TC. And Witherspoon was beasting the first 3 games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49ers2015 said:

How concerned is everyone about Kittle for Monday?

Pretty concerned to be honest. Fair to say he wouldn't have played if we had the usual week off. I know the team has just overcome injury after injury, but Kittle is TRULY irreplaceable. I mean Sanders certainly helps, but Kittle is just an all around monster. 

8 hours ago, 49ers2015 said:

How concerned is everyone about Kittle for Monday?

horizontal-pain-measurement-scale-assess

I am in the Hurts Little More group. I want him out there, but not if there are real concerns or risk. If he needs to let the current BoBos heal up more, let him. 

This game is BIG, but we could possibly beat them w/o Kittle.. and we need to think big picture here. Not too concerned, as I have not been given any reasons to think his season is at risk.