Week 10 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Yeah maybe Jimmy G is just not good and we screwd the pooch?  Either way Ive lost all hopes eith this offense I dont trust not on WR outside of Sanders and the run game has disaperee the last 2 games. Not a good look for us rn. 

He's okay right now. He has the potential to be better, of course. But right now, he's a mid tier level quarterback in my opinion, probably in that 15-19 type range. Odds are, that if something goes wrong in the season, it'll likely be on him. But that's mainly just because I have a lot more faith in the defense (and rightfully so). That's just the nature of the situation for Jimmy. Sometimes your defense will blow a game, sometimes the offense.  But the defense is elite, so just playing the odds, its unlikely that they will be the reason for the downfall, which unfortunately puts it on Jimmy. 

Onto something more positive.

Our defense is amazing. Seriously. Mosely has been a revelation. Tartt and Ward have been rock solid, Greenlaw stepped up and our whole D-Line is just terrorizing elite QB's. Russell Wilson did not have a great game either, largely because of the line.  

7 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Yeah maybe Jimmy G is just not good and we screwd the pooch?  Either way Ive lost all hopes eith this offense I dont trust not on WR outside of Sanders and the run game has disaperee the last 2 games. Not a good look for us rn. 

I hope you have also lost all hope in the Saints, Packers, Ravens, and Patriots' offenses then, because all of them have played worse games this year against a team worse than the 8-2 Seahawks. 

• Like 2

Shout out to our defense for allowing only 336 yards in five quarters and 189 net passing yards against the MVP of the league and the best offense per DVOA. 

Also had five sacks and four forced turnovers. This unit is SPECIAL. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

Just now, 49ers2015 said:

Regardless on our thoughts of Jimmy..what's the alternative? 

Again, the real key is how he (and the team) responds. 

Trade everything we have for Hopkins, Allen or something. Outside of Samuel and Sanders, I won't care if any of these receivers get cut. 

10 minutes ago, John232 said:

He was never comfortable, but this is also why i think Jimmy G has a really high ceiling. Because despite that, he was still trying to sling the ball to guys in OT. It was awful yesterday, but I appreciated his intent. (if that makes sense). Jimmy G doesn't play like a ***** and that's huge for me. If we got into OT and we had some check down artist, we would've just straight up loss. Jimmy G always tries to push it, he just has to be smarter about it and he just has to be more accurate. He made some awful throws in OT, then made the right plays to get us into field goal range. He did what he could despite the **** show, that's never been lost on me. 

He's going to push the limit and Shanahan even said he rather have a QB trying to make plays than one that will play it safe. I was just surprised at how bad his pocket presence was last night. Compare it to the Cardinals game where he looked like Joe Montana in the pocket the way he was able to navigate around the rush. I really think Shanahan was a bit too confident in our tackles after that long break as he called more long developing plays that never had a shot as the Seahawks DL just killed our OL. Of course Staley was the worst of them all. It was just bad. He couldn't even set properly and was getting beating from the snap by Clowney all game long. It doesn't get much easier for him with Jones coming in town, but I feel like the entire unit will be better going forward.

I just can't deal with Jimmy G hesitating and double clutching when throwing in the middle of the field. That is just a big NO NO. Ended up throwing a pick against Carolina the same way and threw one last night that got negated due to the holding penalty. 

I don't know, even when we were up 10-0, the offense just looked a bit off. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

Trade everything we have for Hopkins, Allen or something. Outside of Samuel and Sanders, I won't care if any of these receivers get cut. 

I wish that we didn't have money problems next season. It really limits the type of moves we can make without sacrificing the defensive unit. I mean, we are already at a point where we are saying goodbye to AA more than likely. With Blair's acl injury, even if we re-sign him, he's not a help next season. We have 15 million in space. After ERFA tenders, we are down to about 11 (we have a lot of useful ERFAs, which is bizarre). Knock off a couple million more for the draft class (OTC projects about 2 million needed to sign rookies) and we are down 9. That doesn't include the RFAs, though I'd probably not tender Bourne at all and attempt to work out an extension for Breida rather than pay the 3.3 tender tag. 

We can certainly get creative in opening space, but definitely going to take some financial maneuverability.