J-ALL-DAY

3 hours ago, Knowledge said:

This is what it took for the Seahawks to beat the Niners last night

1. Kittle and Sanders injured

2. Rusty Tackles

3. 9 drops

4. Rookie fill in Kicker missed GW field goal

5. Clock mismanagement 

And they still only won in the last seconds of OT. This Niners team is really really good 

I know it's probably 49er homerism on some level, but I still think we're a far superior team on pretty much every level. That was some prime time Russell Wilson magic too, despite him not playing a great game himself. 

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

I guess we have different definitions of a big way. Taking an L is getting bit in the *** in a big way. But as I’ve said in multiple posts now, I think jimmy G can bounce back, but this issue of him turning the ball over and having one or two regular  “wtf” decisions was not sustainable if we expected to beat very good teams. We play 4 more very good teams and if we want home field advantage, then again, this issue that Jimmy has displayed in almost every game sans Arizona, could bite us in the ***, again, in a big way. And I consider losing home field advantage a big deal.

Well it's become a semantic discussion for most of this then. And losing home field advantage would be a big deal. If it happened. Which it hasn't. 

7 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Well it's become a semantic discussion for most of this then. And losing home field advantage would be a big deal. If it happened. Which it hasn't. 

Yeah. Time will tell how big this loss will be in the grand scheme of the season.

That said, if you were to ask any 49er fan "would you take 8-1, with the only loss being in OT, going into week 11" not a single person would be disappointed. 

Edited by John232
  • Like 3

So alot of injury news to digest from last night....

Staley - broken finger, may require surgery, could miss some time....

Blair - torn ACL, done for the year, team will work out a couple of street free agents 

Jones - groin, day to day

Sanders -  rib cartilage tear, gametine decision for Sunday

Al Shaair - concussion protocol

Breida - ankle, will miss a couple of weeks, getting a 2nd opinion

Edited by 757-NINER

Just now, 757-NINER said:

So alot of injury news to digest from last night....

Staley - broken finger, may require surgery, could miss some time....

Blair - torn ACL, done for the year, team will work out a couple of street free agents 

Jones - groin, day to day

Sanders -  rib cartilage tear, gametine decision for Sunday

Al Shaair - concussion protocol

Didn't catch the Staley news. Awful. I'll be happy if we can get another year from him, but this could be the end if he's getting this banged up. 

Havent had time to really break this game down on here, but one thing that needs to be talked about more:

Why didn't we have someone spying Wilson on those third downs? Bad play call/design by Saleh on third down being in man coverage with no spy. We made it super easy on him to get the first down. there were 3 different third downs that this happened on. Felt like one of the big differences in the game

With that being said, this was the most fun Ive ever had in my entire life in a loss. what a game.  

• Like 1

Now that I've had almost a full day to lick my wounds....

I definitely would have preferred a win, but I'm not part of "the sky is falling" group(not saying anyone here is).  A LOT of things went wrong last night.  Losing Sanders and not having Kittle on the field were huge.  My God, the drops were just unreal.  That offensive line got manhandled too often.  While I want to defend Jimmy(because of the line, drops, etc..), he made some bad decisions on top of all that.  If I only knew all of this and not the final score, I would have guessed we were blown out by 20+ points.  We were so close on multiple occasions.

Again, I would have preferred a win, but the fact that we took it down to the wire against one of the better teams(okay, at least the running MVP at this point) in the league tells me we can hang with anyone if we're healthy.  Sanders and Kittle must be on the field if we have any chance at a playoff run, though.  So, here's hoping for that!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, John232 said:

That said, if you were to ask any 49er fan "would you take 8-1, with the only loss being in OT, going into week 11" not a single person would be disappointed. 

Agree 100%. Just what a time with the schedule getting tough. I'm not being a "homer" here either but I'm curious if since the Crabtree injury many years ago if the 49ers have piled up the most injuries since that time? 

It just feels top of the list as far as numbers go. 

My feeling is that we weren't exposed. We didn't play our best game, and it happened to be against a pretty good team. At the same time, I feel like the Seahawks played about as well as they could, and yet barely managed to beat us in overtime. Russell Wilson did not have fun playing against our D. Chris Carson didn't have fun trying to run. The receivers didn't have an easy job trying to get those balls. And outside of Clowney, their D had their hands full with our offense, but we left just so many plays on the field. Jimmy didn't make many accurate throws. After the first few times Clowney simply stepped around Staley, Jimmy started playing with fear. And it showed. Staley played one of his worst games ever. Jimmy played poorly. And the receivers were just atrocious. So much so that in the fourth quarter and OT, it seems Jimmy was forcing the ball to Dwelley instead. I've never seen a WR be more hot and cold than Kendrick Bourne. Most professional athletes can have off games and on games. They'll be hot, or they'll be in a slump. For Bourne, it's on a play by play basis. You never know if he's going to make a great play or tip the ball to the other team. Isn't he responsible for at least 2 INTs this year, if not 3? And yesterday's interception wasn't even a particularly difficult pass to catch. It was right at eye level. He made Vernon Davis look like a natural hand catcher on that play. Pettis was useless. Goodwin was useless. Sanders was injured. How bad could we have used Trent Taylor. It's a shame, really. Richie James should have played more on offense. If Pettis and Goodwin won't perform, sit them, James can't do worse, and he honestly hasn't done worse this year. He's arguably been our third best receiver, yet he's what, fifth on the depth chart?! And I guess I would have preferred to have Jordan Matthews than Kendrick Bourne last night.

It's too bad for McLaughlin. Imagine if he had made that field goal. Instant hero, and we win that game. But I can't blame him. He was terrific, just happened not to live up to the moment. And I have to say this, he looks like Samwell Tarly with a helmet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

Agree 100%. Just what a time with the schedule getting tough. I'm not being a "homer" here either but I'm curious if since the Crabtree injury many years ago if the 49ers have piled up the most injuries since that time? 

I think you'll find that losing teams have more names on the injury reports than winning teams. It just so happens that in the last 5-6 years until this year, we lost a lot of games. Losing teams put more players on injured reserve, bring in more players, who also end up being injured, etc. When teams are winning, more players play through injuries, and while their names may appear on injury reports, they're not really considered "as injured" as others. I think we feel we are more injured because we're more focused on our team, but lots of teams have lots of injuries. It sucks that ours are key players, right now.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, John232 said:

Didn't catch the Staley news. Awful. I'll be happy if we can get another year from him, but this could be the end if he's getting this banged up. 

Meh. Dude sucks now anyway, so this could be addition by subtraction in the long run. Cut him loose in the offseason for big cap gain, and the younger dudes were playing better. They get more XP and auditions for a more permanent role. 

17 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

As a former Redskins' stalker, I would say with confidence that we do not lead all teams in injury misery over recent years. 

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

As a former Redskins' stalker, I would say with confidence that we do not lead all teams in injury misery over recent years. 

The Trent Williams and Derrius Guice situations would've ended my fandom if I was a Redskins fan. Just absolutely insane levels of incompetence from a billion dollar organization.