Week 10 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

It’s not doom and gloom to point out that problems that have been plaguing is the whole year bit ya in the *** in a.big way

In a minor way. The team still has the best record in the NFL and the loss is currently irrelevant. All but one other team has more of them, including the team that beat us in the final second of OT. Suggesting it bit us "in a big way" is a pretty doom and gloom take. 

This is what it took for the Seahawks to beat the Niners last night

1. Kittle and Sanders injured

2. Rusty Tackles

3. 9 drops

4. Rookie fill in Kicker missed GW field goal

5. Clock mismanagement 

And they still only won in the last seconds of OT. This Niners team is really really good 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

2. Rusty Tackles

3. 9 drops

5. Clock mismanagement 

And they still only won in the last seconds of OT. This Niners team is really really good 

Don't forget the INT, 2 fumbles and too many near INTs that Jimmy G threw... He wasn't blameless yesterday. 

21 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Don't forget the INT, 2 fumbles and too many near INTs that Jimmy G threw... He wasn't blameless yesterday. 

He wasnt blameless but he had us in the position to win that game multiple times if someone made a play. He's far down the list on reasons why they lost IMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

If Pettis doesn't improve over the remaining games of this season, then we need to seriously evaluate whether he should remain on the team.  He is not contributing anywhere near enough given his lofty draft position.  Deebo really shone last night and he's a rookie.  He's got heart. drive, determination, just like the team.  I see none of that in Pettis.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 3:55 PM, uk9erfan said:

If Pettis doesn't improve over the remaining games of this season, then we need to seriously evaluate whether he should remain on the team.  He is not contributing anywhere near enough given his lofty draft position.  Deebo really shone last night and he's a rookie.  He's got heart. drive, determination, just like the team.  I see none of that in Pettis.

The things about Pettis is that "soft" label was mentioned by a few throughout the draft process. And at the time, most considered the pick a definite reach. I don't want to label him "soft" because you can't really be soft and choose to play a sport like football at the highest level. But he doesn't seem to possess that 'dog' in him. That unwavering desire to be great and impose his will on whoever lines up across from him. To fight, tooth and nail, for every inch. Sanders has that 'dog' in him. Deebo most definitely has it. I think Hurd has it. I think James has shown he has it. Even Bourne I feel fights and competes as much as anyone. He's just has lapses in concentration way too often for me to be comfortable with him having a substantial role in the a passing offense, barring injury. 

But I have yet to see it Pettis. And I would throw Goodwin in there as well as of late. Its like every since he signed that extension, he hasn't been that same guy that came here on a meager two year rental back in 2017. He had a massive chip on his shoulder and he played like it. I dont know what's going on off the field but this offense needs that 2017 Goodwin in the worst way.

Edited by 757-NINER

1 hour ago, Knowledge said:

2. Rusty Tackles

3. 9 drops

5. Clock mismanagement 

yeah, liked this... but like  @Chrissooner49er stated, those turnovers were so huge. The way our D was playing, all we needed was to play turnover free ball. Jimmy HAS to protect that ball, terrible pressure coming or not. 

I don't think Goodwin's gotten many grand opportunities.. and the one big one he had last night was a tough one but has to be made.

I still think he can be useful.. mostly just cuz speed and our other yuck options.. but he's not showing worthy of his 5 mil cap hit after the offseason. Sanders has to be okay and stick around. We are not playoff worthy at WR without him.

The loss doesnt bother me much, played a darn good game and two significant weapons were unavailable.

I will say that the play of Bourne and McGlinchey was concerning. You could say that McGlinchey was 'knocking the rust off', but he was bullied all night it seemed...almost to the point of me wanting Brunskill back in. Bourne, the guy isnt dependable, dropped a few VERY catchable balls, one leading to an INT. He makes those catches and the game could have gone a very different way. Pettis is also not showing signs of improvement, but at this point I dont expect him to.

Hopefully McGlinchey can pull it together as the season is only getting more difficult and we do play the Seahawks again.

Other than that, I thought we played well.

3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

In a minor way. The team still has the best record in the NFL and the loss is currently irrelevant. All but one other team has more of them, including the team that beat us in the final second of OT. Suggesting it bit us "in a big way" is a pretty doom and gloom take. 

I guess we have different definitions of a big way. Taking an L is getting bit in the *** in a big way. But as I’ve said in multiple posts now, I think jimmy G can bounce back, but this issue of him turning the ball over and having one or two regular  “wtf” decisions was not sustainable if we expected to beat very good teams. We play 4 more very good teams and if we want home field advantage, then again, this issue that Jimmy has displayed in almost every game sans Arizona, could bite us in the ***, again, in a big way. And I consider losing home field advantage a big deal.

edit: I also think if you asked anyone in that locker room, taking a loss is a big deal. But I suspect everyone will move on. One of the things that's made me incredibly hopeful with this team and FO in general is they have a pretty short memory. Move on from success and failure pretty fast. Good leadership top down. 

Edited by John232
  • Like 1