Team Building the FUTURE is now!

thebestever6

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

D-Mac also mentioned Herbert...I don’t think he’s wrong there, I think if Lock gets a shot and doesn’t show enough Herbert could very well be target #1 for this franchise, Elway was supposedly enamored with him last year and he fits the Elway profile at QB.

D-Mac was literally laughed at by Elway in a press conference. Do you think he has a real sources with any sort of power or influence at Dove Valley. He is a sports radio shock jock who no body with any measure of standing in Denver media respects. You do know he is a Patriots fan who was born and raised in Boston, right?

Mile High Report has more credibility than D-Mac because at least MHR gets their marching orders from Patrick Smyth so, from there, we can at least decipher how the franchise is trying to spin things. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

8 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

D-Mac was literally laughed at by Elway in a press conference. Do you think he has a real sources with any sort of power or influence at Dove Valley. He is a sports radio shock jock who no body with any measure of standing in Denver media respects. You do know he is a Patriots fan who was born and raised in Boston, right?

Mile High Report has more credibility than D-Mac because at least MHR gets their marching orders from Patrick Smyth so, from there, we can at least decipher how the franchise is trying to spin things. 

I’m not disagreeing with any of this, but I can see where this is a logical opinion.  Like I said, I think the franchise figured they were getting 2-3 years of good QB play out of Flacco.  That isn’t going to happen now and from what I’ve seen of Drew Lock he isn’t even close to being ready and from what’s coming out of Dove Valley on Lock it appears they all know/believe this as well....putting Denver in yet another offseason where QB will be front and center.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

I’m not disagreeing with any of this, but I can see where this is a logical opinion.  Like I said, I think the franchise figured they were getting 2-3 years of good QB play out of Flacco.  That isn’t going to happen now and from what I’ve seen of Drew Lock he isn’t even close to being ready and from what’s coming out of Dove Valley on Lock it appears they all know/believe this as well....putting Denver in yet another offseason where QB will be front and center.

So what’s come out of Dove Valley regarding Lock? Conjecture and attempts to get twitter mentions by some talk radio nimrod?

Because Nikki J, Renck and Legwold have all said the plan is to play the long game with Lock. 

56 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

So what’s come out of Dove Valley regarding Lock? Conjecture and attempts to get twitter mentions by some talk radio nimrod?

Because Nikki J, Renck and Legwold have all said the plan is to play the long game with Lock. 

Now that is what I want to see. 

• Like 1

Not sure how much longer the long game can go, because there are 0 viable options at quarterback on the roster in 2020. It's one thing to waste time with Brandon Allen for 5 more games and piss everyone off because circumstances have been weird with the lack of practice, but If you're not drafting a QB in the top 10 or going in with Drew as the starter, what are you doing as an organization? Sinking money into another Flacco/Keenum journeyman? Enough of that. Gotta take the floaties off at some point. 

So with TB and NYJ winning today we are now  selecting 5th in the draft, moving up two spots. Could easily see us selecting 3rd or 4th as one of NYG or WAS will win another game (they play each other later this season), just remains to be seen if we will too as we play DET and LAC still.MIA also could move down but SOS is still a factor with a couple of those teams.

Edited by Cutler06

45 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Not sure how much longer the long game can go, because there are 0 viable options at quarterback on the roster in 2020. It's one thing to waste time with Brandon Allen for 5 more games and piss everyone off because circumstances have been weird with the lack of practice, but If you're not drafting a QB in the top 10 or going in with Drew as the starter, what are you doing as an organization? Sinking money into another Flacco/Keenum journeyman? Enough of that. Gotta take the floaties off at some point. 

Kinda between a rock and a hard place. 

6 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Haha, which is exactly what I mentioned in my post.

He isn’t ready and Dove Valley has been saying or showing us as much and basically tempering expectations.  Fangio has stated it isn’t imperative that he gets on the field.  The organization postponed his activation from IR, making him wait even longer to practice, and since being activated he’s been getting like 8 snaps a practice.  In no way has Denver handled this situation in a way that would indicate they want Drew Lock to touch the field this year.  Again, that wasn’t the plan to begin with, the plan was the “long game” and letting him sit for 2-3 years....this team has been so poor though that it looks like Elway and Co don’t really have a choice and will eventually have to start Lock at some point this year. 

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Haha, which is exactly what I mentioned in my post.

He isn’t ready and Dove Valley has been saying or showing us as much and basically tempering expectations.  Fangio has stated it isn’t imperative that he gets on the field.  The organization postponed his activation from IR, making him wait even longer to practice, and since being activated he’s been getting like 8 snaps a practice.  In no way has Denver handled this situation in a way that would indicate they want Drew Lock to touch the field this year.  Again, that wasn’t the plan to begin with, the plan was the “long game” and letting him sit for 2-3 years....this team has been so poor though that it looks like Elway and Co don’t really have a choice and will eventually have to start Lock at some point this year. 

But it sounds like your taking a radio shock jock’s word that they’re not into Lock and now doubling-down on it? Am I wrong?

Maybe I was mistaken with my use of terminology; 2-3 years was not my window but, with D-Mac’s window, who you cited, I also don’t think game 7 games was reasonable either.

Lock goes on IR since we have Flacco, then Flacco gets hurt, then it’s “why isn’t Lock back?” Maybe the shock jocks should stop trying to push their hot takes to get to “trending” status on Twitter and rabble-rouse an inept fanbase to tune in to their rush hour version of First Take. 

If Elway is doing anything right it would be to not rush Lock in, especially with the injury. What about a “redshirt” year? Or one where he plays game 16, like Patrick Maholmes did? That wouldn’t drive clicks now, would it? Saying the staff and FO are going the right thing by being slow? How many Twitter and talk radio stars were the ones who said Reid was right to sit Maholmes?

But, being able to dissect and debate every pass, read, handoff and decision, Lock makes from now to New Years wouldn’t make for good drive time talk radio, now, would it? 

Keep citing the shock jocks, boys; it really makes this a place it visit for serious sports talk. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

I think starting LT, center, and RG have to be addressed. Risner is the only given. I'd say RT but we're stuck with James and there is a dearth of RT across the NFL. They just really need to start there if they roll Lock out there. Bolles, McGovern, and Wilkinson aren't bad to keep around to backup, but they ain't starters. I think if you fix the offensI've line you can see the talent. 

Probably should have taken Q. Nelson over Chubb and should have paid Shaq Barrett. Alas, hopefully Thomas or Werf is there to protect Locks blind side.

34 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

But it sounds like your taking a radio shock jock’s word that they’re not into Lock and now doubling-down on it? Am I wrong?

Maybe I was mistaken with my use of terminology; 2-3 years was not my window but, with D-Mac’s window, who you cited, I also don’t think game 7 games was reasonable either.

Lock goes on IR since we have Flacco, then Flacco gets hurt, then it’s “why isn’t Lock back?” Maybe the shock jocks should stop trying to push their hot takes to get to “trending” status on Twitter and rabble-rouse an inept fanbase to tune in to their rush hour version of First Take. 

If Elway is doing anything right it would be to not rush Lock in, especially with the injury. What about a “redshirt” year? Or one where he plays game 16, like Patrick Maholmes did? That wouldn’t drive clicks now, would it? Saying the staff and FO are going the right thing by being slow? How many Twitter and talk radio stars were the ones who said Reid was right to sit Maholmes?

But, being able to dissect and debate every pass, read, handoff and decision, Lock makes from now to New Years wouldn’t make for good drive time talk radio, now, would it? 

Keep citing the shock jocks, boys; it really makes this a place it visit for serious sports talk. 

Kind of a dilemma. I'd like to see what he can do against NFL speed but I don't want him to get killed and tossed out there with very little chance of success.

That said, our schedule could be made to order. No way would I put him in for the next 3 games. The last two though are kind of made to order for a rookie QB in his first starts. Detroit has one of the worst "D"'s in the NFL and are awful against the pass. Fewer INT's than any team in the league. 

The Raiders are only marginally better defensively and the worst team in the NFL when it comes to getting after the QB.

Without lights out performances by Allen in the next three games I'd think you'd start Lock in the last two.

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

As I said in my original post, I’ve never heard D-Mac get positive praise from anyone.  I don’t listen to the radio and that 3 minute clip was literally the 1st time I’ve ever heard his voice or seen him.  

What I’m saying is his opinion is logical. The way Lock has been handled since the injury does bring into question how Denver feels about him, at worst they made it very obvious they didn’t feel he was good enough to touch the field this season.  Some of the comments that have come out lead toward that conclusion as well.

Denver has appeared to be “nicely” telling the fan base that Lock isn’t ready and they don’t want him on the field (even though now I think they almost have to play him, IMO).  That leads into my biggest point, if Lock isn’t thought of as somewhat of the guy now, then it means QB is a need...i by no means think they’re completely done with Lock, but considering all the time he missed (a large reason for that was the decision to IR him on a 4-6 week injury to begin with and then postpone activating him)  it’d be a stretch he would be handed the job next year.  So now Denver either sticks with Flacco (doubtful), rolls into next year and let’s Allen/Lock compete for the job (doubtful), spends a top 10 pick at QB (Not as out of question as the previous 2) or goes and spends FA dollars on a starting caliber QB and allows Lock to compete for the job (most likely scenario).....which all boils down to the same issues we’ve had since 2015.

Edited by germ-x