Is Kyler the most talent rookie to play since Luck?

AntonChigurh

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think anyone with two eyes would take Watson.

Maybe he's thinking baseball? Yeah, I'd take Kyler over Watson in baseball.

Watson is easily better right now & he’s one of the most entertaining players to watch, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Kyler will be the better QB in 2-3 years. I can’t wait for their matchup in two years.

It’s amazing how many on this forum undersold Kyler as a prospect.

Edited by ClutchDJ

4 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Watson is easily better right now & he’s one of the most entertaining players to watch, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Kyler will be the better QB in 2-3 years. I can’t wait for their matchup in two years.

It’s amazing how many on this forum undersold Kyler as a prospect.

I dont know how people say a qb with less arm strength and accuracy is better 

1 hour ago, AntonChigurh said:

So what area of football is Watson supposedly better than kyler at?

Reading a defense, pocket awareness, accuracy, evading a pass rush while keeping his eyes downfield, maintaining his balance to avoid sacks while finding open targets downfield, winning football games... Pretty much all the ones that matter. 

1 hour ago, AntonChigurh said:

I dont know how people say a qb with less arm strength and accuracy is better 

Because playing QB is SO MUCH more than arm strength and athleticism. Joe Montana and Tom Brady are the gold standards at QB, nobody would ever say that they had elite arm strength or athleticism. Accuracy was on point, but they also knew how to read a defense and create openings for receivers to get open. They don't have to play in a modified Air Raid offense, where there are no pre snap reads - it's a fire-and-forget offense, it's the exact same system Kliff Kingsbury ran at Tech. Kyler is good in that offense... but that's not going to win football games consistently against good teams. Good defenses will figure it out, great defenses will exploit it and make Kyler look very flawed.

Kyler is OK in these items, but nowhere near the top end guys in the NFL. I struggle to where he currently ranks among his peers - maybe top 20, at absolute best? 15?

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Reading a defense, pocket awareness, accuracy, evading a pass rush while keeping his eyes downfield, maintaining his balance to avoid sacks while finding open targets downfield, winning football games... Pretty much all the ones that matter. 

Because playing QB is SO MUCH more than arm strength and athleticism. Joe Montana and Tom Brady are the gold standards at QB, nobody would ever say that they had elite arm strength or athleticism. Accuracy was on point, but they also knew how to read a defense and create openings for receivers to get open. They don't have to play in a modified Air Raid offense, where there are no pre snap reads - it's a fire-and-forget offense, it's the exact same system Kliff Kingsbury ran at Tech. Kyler is good in that offense... but that's not going to win football games consistently against good teams. Good defenses will figure it out, great defenses will exploit it and make Kyler look very flawed.

Kyler is OK in these items, but nowhere near the top end guys in the NFL. I struggle to where he currently ranks among his peers - maybe top 20, at absolute best? 15?

Murray has a lower interception rate than Watson. 

I actually dont think Watson is actually significally better at reading a defense than Murray. Murray has kept his int rate, i believe lowest rate in the league. 

Murrays accuracy in the pocket beats Watson's by a country mile. 

I will say this, Watson is a far better thrower outside of the pocket because he goes deep and hits them. Kyler does chance many deep throws outside the pocket. 

Kylers ball placement and anticipation are other worldly. 

He may already be the best anticipation thrower in the league. 

Watch the upcoming game of cardinals vs niners

Kyler puts it exactly where the wr can make the best play on the ball. Usually in their bread basket. 

Its uncanning. His footwork, throwing motion and release are so fluid and smooth yet the ball moves very fast through the air and usually an easy catch for the wr. 

Im sorry, I love Watson, I love Mahomes, but Kyler Murray is the second coming. Not as good on the run as Mahomes but that may not matter with better accuracy in the pocket

31 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

I actually dont think Watson is actually significally better at reading a defense than Murray. Murray has kept his int rate, i believe lowest rate in the league. 

This is all a byproduct of an Air Raid offense. It's literally the system working as intended, not some shining endorsement for Murray. Kyler is a good fit for the system, but when your asked to throw outside the hashes to short routes and not push the ball down the field (which is an Air Raid staple since Kingsbury was playing) that's what you're going to get - a ton of high percentage throws to guys operating in space.

The big reveal is that it's not sustainable at the pro level. It works for 6-8 games, but then defenses figure it out and it all comes crashing down - Chip Kelly tried the same thing with the Eagles and he cratered that team after a hot start. That INT rate is due for a course correction very soon... simply because NFL defenses will start to key on the routes and scheme. Kyler will have to adapt, and nobody knows if he (or Kingsbury for that matter) can adapt.

Kyler puts it exactly where the wr can make the best play on the ball. Usually in their bread basket. 

Yeah, Watson does as well. Those sideline throws to Hopkins are thrown because he knows Hopkins can extend like no other WR in the game now. Will Fuller went from a drop prone speedster to arguably one of the top 3 deep threats because Watson hits him on the deep ball better than anyone else.

A good QB throws it to the targets bread basket. A GREAT QB knows what his WRs can do and exploits it by putting the ball in a spot where ONLY his WR can get it.

Im sorry, I love Watson, I love Mahomes, but Kyler Murray is the second coming. Not as good on the run as Mahomes but that may not matter with better accuracy in the pocket

I get that your high on your guy, but you're on an island here and you have yet to provide any sort of tangible evidence outside of your own bias "eye test". Nobody - here on this site or otherwise - would even entertain that Murray is anywhere near the top dogs in this league. 

32 minutes ago, AntonChigurh said:

I will say this, Watson is a far better thrower outside of the pocket because he goes deep and hits them. Kyler does chance many deep throws outside the pocket. 

Kylers ball placement and anticipation are other worldly. 

You fool.

Watson and Murray are both worse than new Lion's star Jeff Driskel. Look at this highlight:

It's nice to finally have the QB and WR positions solidified.

Edited by Nazgul