GDT - Still 1st place in the NFC East Dallas Cowboys @ The Detroit Broke Back Matt Staffords

DaBoys

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

All of that, and we’re on pace for 8-8. I’d consider that a serious issue. I’m sorry if that shatters your overly optimistic sensibilities, but winning still matters, and we haven’t any of that of significant note.

Lol, I am not overly optimistic. This is a franchise that’s clearly established as above average for quite a few seasons now. 

The truth is that above average is not good enough in a league where only 1/32 teams has a truly successful year each season. And if this season ends without some real playoff success, it’s probably time for some coaching changes. 

But the sky is not falling and our prospects for being competitive over the next decade are very good.

31 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

But the sky is not falling and our prospects for being competitive over the next decade are very good.

What if we fire our coaches, and hire a coach worse than Garrett after a so-so season? That's a real possibility right now.

Of course hiring someone better is also a real possibility.

Along with he himself being here over the next decade.

Our HC is in the hot seat. 

How much weight do you put on our HC to keep us competitive? Or do you not believe JG is in real trouble of losing the gig?

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

What if we fire our coaches, and hire a coach worse than Garrett after a so-so season? That's a real possibility right now.

Of course hiring someone better is also a real possibility.

Along with he himself being here over the next decade.

Our HC is in the hot seat. 

How much weight do you put on our HC to keep us competitive? Or do you not believe JG is in real trouble of losing the gig?

I mean, this is part of why I try and get people on the forum to maintain some realism. Firing Garrett to hire Del Rio is not something we should be rooting for.

In the NFL, as in all business, if you aren’t getting better constantly, you are falling behind. A bad coaching hire would definitely hurt our ability to move forward and compete for Super Bowls.

But as far as most franchises go, the short-to-medium term prospects for this team look pretty solid at the moment, even with the current coach on the hot seat. 

21 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

S Josh Jones has.been promoted from PS and will be available this weekend. 

:crosses fingers that change of scenery is just what he needed:

Wouldn't that be nice? To finally be able to rid ourselves of Heath as a full-time starting safety?