King Henry Appreciation Thread.

dtait93

7 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

One game shouldn't change things... But in the playoffs, in NE, in such dominating fashion. I've flipped too... Give that man the keys to the house. 

I'm good with a Gurley/Bell type of contract (ranked 2nd and 3rd on active contracts). Stay away from Zeke money though. 

Zeke makes about the same as Gurley annually only Gurley got 45 mill guaranteed & zeke 60 I believe, but truth is he really got like 45 mill guaranteed in new money, because he signed a extension he still had guaranteed money left on his deal from being a top 4 pick 

Pay the man it’s his time I don’t care, if he’s the highest paid RB in the league he’s more than capable of being a elite RB & carrying this team on any given Sunday. However don’t pull a Jeff fisher give him 25-30 carries a game with no type of passing attack to surround him 😩

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Zeke makes about the same as Gurley annually only Gurley got 45 mill guaranteed & zeke 60 I believe, but truth is he really got like 45 mill guaranteed in new money, because he signed a extension he still had guaranteed money left on his deal from being a top 4 pick 

Youre right. I was looking at the overall contract, assuming the guarantees were proportionate.

Zeke got 90M total, 29M guaranteed at signing, 50M "guaranteed" . 

Gurley got 57M, 22M guaranteed at signing, 45M "guaranteed". 

Both are essentially 4 year, 50M,with Zekes structure leaving a bit more dead money (from the guarantee structure). 

If Henry is looking for that #1 money, we're looking at least 4 years, 52M "guaranteed". That'll make him a FA right before he hits 30.

That's now than the 8-10M I yet to give him, but at this point, I'm ok with all that. (I'm wondering if he'd prefer a 3 year guaranteed contract to be a potential FA after his age 28 season, potentially getting one last "big" payday)