Is Lamar Jackson already better than Atlanta Vick ever was?

RandyMossIsBoss

Just now, tyler735 said:

Agreed, I'm a Saints fan. This thread literally has Falcons/Saints fans coming together and agreeing on something, that should be enough evidence of how far fetched some of the arguments in here are lol

Dude, stop being a biased Ravens fan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Reread the thread then dude lmao.

If saying Lamar Jackson is better than Michael Vick is partial idk what to tell you and i think maybe you aren’t cut out for this whole “watching football” thing

i.e. "I cant find an example so I'll just deflect"

sweet....

56 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Agreed, I'm a Saints fan. This thread literally has Falcons/Saints fans coming together and agreeing on something, that should be enough evidence of how far fetched some of the arguments in here are lol

That's not true, both can usually come to terms on how bad the Panthers are.

I mean, I wanted Vick to be great in his time here, but it never really materialized, and that's what I keep trying to get across. Vick the myth, and Vick the actual player are two different guys.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hukos said:

I mean, I wanted Vick to be great in his time here, but it never really materialized, and that's what I keep trying to get across. Vick the myth, and Vick the actual player are two different guys.

This is going to be great...

But.....Vick has A win in the playoffs, In Atlanta at that,Myth and all....

1 hour ago, Hukos said:

The ironic thing about it is the Vick camp in this thread is yelling “it’s recency bias to pick Jackson, you must not remember how good Vick was when he played”, when in fact, it’s the opposite.

I think it’s pretty clear the Vick camp came of age when Mike was coming onto the scene in the NFL and they aggrandize him because they remember them being awed by him when they were younger.

Very willing to bet almost all of the people picking Vick as the better player were somewhere between 10-18 years old when mike was in Atlanta, and they’re overrating his actual level as an NFL player because he was “it” when they fell in love with the NFL.

I was in that age range for Falcons Vick, so i remember the hype well. He just wasn’t all he was cracked up to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is going to be great...

But.....Vick has A win in the playoffs, In Atlanta at that,Myth and all....

There's so many ways to laugh and mock this post, but I just want to remind you that Michael Vick won 2 playoff games in his career. The first one passed for 116 yards and rushed for 64. The second he passed for 82(!!!!) yards and rushed for 119. So if you're trying to paint a narrative that Vick was somehow good in the playoffs and is therefore better than Lamar, you're gonna have to dig a little deeper there, champ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There's so many ways to laugh and mock this post, but I just want to remind you that Michael Vick won 2 playoff games in his career. The first one passed for 116 yards and rushed for 64. The second he passed for 82(!!!!) yards and rushed for 119. So if you're trying to paint a narrative that Vick was somehow good in the playoffs and is therefore better than Lamar, you're gonna have to dig a little deeper there, champ.

Oh ok, cool. Point still remains 

Edited by MSURacerDT55