This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I was talking about my age, not my IQ dummy.

Lol

How are you 28? I thought one of the rules of being a mod was you still had to be a virgin. So either you're a 28 year old virgin or you're lying to the owners of this site. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol

How are you 28? I thought one of the rules of being a mod was you still had to be a virgin. So either you're a 28 year old virgin or you're lying to the owners of this site. 

I still have 12 more years before it becomes weird man, didn't you see the movie?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Just want to throw out that while I am a millennial, I like older music a lot, so my Beatles disdain isn't universal for music of the era.

My grandpa was a big Neil Diamond and Buddy Holly fan so I know just about everything they do and enjoy it.

Neil Diamond......so sorry to hear of the abuse :)

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I still have 12 more years before it becomes weird man, didn't you see the movie?

Don't worry man. Her boobs will feel like bags of sand. And she'll be like oh yeah let's go I'm so nasty and you'll be nailing her and she'll be like oh you're nailing me. Cool!

• Like 1

I've seen literally 1000s of bands live and Avenged Sevenfold is definitely up there with the worst. Skrillex's screamo band takes the cake though. Literally worse than any random bar band or basement show I've seen. 

(Dis)honorable mention goes to a band from the weirdest concert I've ever seen. Black Bananas. They were support for MGMT about five years ago. MGMT is a psychedelic rock band with three catchy pop songs that became hits. 90% of the crowd didn't realize this. MGMT opened up for themselves under a different name and nobody noticed which was just plain weird. Then came the afore mentioned Black Bananas. They're referred to as "noise-art" but basically everyone just played completely random and separate stuff with no regard to what anybody else was playing. You could tell they were good musicians they just had zero interest in any sort of song structure. It came together maybe twice in a 30 minute set for maybe 30 seconds of what could be described as music. Then MGMT came out and the bros, the beckys, and the backhatters were ready to dance.... And then came the pshycedelic rock. They awkwardly tried to dance along to the first couple songs and soon it was palpable that they were not happy with the direction the show was going. You could literally see groups of people questioning each other if they were at the right show or if they were thinking of a different band. Couple songs later hit song comes on and the place goes nuts. Next song back to the psycedelic rock and you hear and audible groan from the crowd. Few more songs and they end the set with the other two hits. Place goes wild again. They leave the stage and come back for their encore and two notes into what's obviously another psycedelic rock song the entire crowd turns around in unison and heads out the door. I've never seen that many people leave anything in my life that fast and that in unison that didn't involve gunshots. There were like 25-30 people still in the show by the end of the song.

Long story short, A7x is really bad, From First to Last is the worst. Black Bananas was a REALLY weird cherry on top of a really weird show.

Song's sung blue....everybody knows one....
Song's sung.....I've no clue cause I stopped listening!

Cracklin Rose and get on board...you wanna know....dadadadadada.....or something like that!

And then there's the all time fav (thats a HUGE HIT these days!!!!) : "Everybody's coming to America!"  LOL

Have no fear. The abuse was too widespread not to touch us all in some way. You are not alone :)

How can anyone think A7X is bad? The Rev was probably the best drummer of the 2000s and Synester Gates is equally as good with a guitar. I love everything up to City of Evil, after that it's gone a little downhill, but bad is definitely not the descriptive word I'd use.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

How can anyone think A7X is bad? The Rev was probably the best drummer of the 2000s and Synester Gates is equally as good with a guitar. I love everything up to City of Evil, after that it's gone a little downhill, but bad is definitely not the descriptive word I'd use.

I've heard they are talented from several people whose musical knowledge I respect. The whole "Hot Topic emo metal" thing is definitely not my thing so I've never bothered really checking them out after seeing them. In all fairness it was a festival show. I'm thinking Warped Tour and they were YOUNG. The sound at festival shows can throw off seasoned professionals since its not set up specifically for you. Maybe they're actually good. Everyone has their off days. They were definitely terrible on that day.

Reminds me of another band I've seen that was TERRIBLE. 311. I've already mentioned my dislike of white guy reggae bands so it's a given I hated them. I saw them open for Cypress Hill and the sound was clearly not set up for them. It sounded so bad. Too bass heavy and completely distorted. It was a disaster and you could tell the band could tell. The brightside though was that B-Real randomly joined our circle while they were playing and I got to pass him a blunt. So I've got that going for me which is nice. 

I once had the misfortune of watching Marilyn Manson live in a somewhat big festival here in Spain. The guy was completely high, after every song he opened a bottle of water, took a sip and spit it at the front row, throwing the bottle at the audience too. After that, some sort of staff came out with an oxygen mask (I **** you not) and held it for him for a minute before he could go on with the show. This was after every single song. After three or four songs people started getting really pissed at him and he was not happy about it so whatever little interest he had in performing quickly faded out. At some point the bad exchanged instruments and just noodled around making noises for like 10 minutes straight. Overall, it was about 90 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

1 minute ago, Packer_ESP said:

I once had the misfortune of watching Marilyn Manson live in a somewhat big festival here in Spain. The guy was completely high, after every song he opened a bottle of water, took a sip and spit it at the front row, throwing the bottle at the audience too. After that, some sort of staff came out with an oxygen mask (I **** you not) and held it for him for a minute before he could go on with the show. This was after every single song. After three or four songs people started getting really pissed at him and he was not happy about it so whatever little interest he had in performing quickly faded out. At some point the bad exchanged instruments and just noodled around making noises for like 10 minutes straight. Overall, it was about 90 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

This is amazing

One of the more interesting musical acts I’ve seen was a house show I went to several years back for a band that’s gone on to tour Europe several times. One of the other bands at the the show was called Lotion. A lot of their set was dedicated to one of the members beating another with a belt and then going around and squirting a giant bottle of lotion onto pretty much everyone there and licked the faces of quite a few audience members. I escaped unlicked but pretty lotioned up by the end.