This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

2nd worst band ever.  But I am not sure that he has a worse voice than Rod Stewart.

Whenever his voice comes in the radio I turn it off. Can't say the same for rod Stewart :)

Also turn off Aerosmith frequently. I'd say Steven Tyler's voice is more grating than stewarts too.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Whenever his voice comes in the radio I turn it off. Can't say the same for rod Stewart :)

Also turn off Aerosmith frequently. I'd say Steven Tyler's voice is more grating than stewarts too.

I turn off Dave Matthews band too, but that is not for voice reasons alone.  I also turn off Rush, I hate Geddy Lee's voice.  

Aerosmith is an interesting choice.  I really don't like some of their songs, and maybe Steven Tyler is the reason, but there are songs that I do like and I don't find myself wishing that Ozzy or Dio sang them instead, Tyler's voice is fine.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I turn off Dave Matthews band too, but that is not for voice reasons alone.  I also turn off Rush, I hate Geddy Lee's voice.  

Aerosmith is an interesting choice.  I really don't like some of their songs, and maybe Steven Tyler is the reason, but there are songs that I do like and I don't find myself wishing that Ozzy or Dio sang them instead, Tyler's voice is fine.

**** you. Don't you dare **** on Rush.

I have a guilty pleasure syndrome for Ozzy. Dio, ehhhh.

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

I do like to pretend Holy Diver is Ohhhh MacGyveeer just to piss off a co worker who is the real life MacGyver. My ringtone is that shows theme song just because he hates being called MacGyver so bad lol

IDC what you say, badass theme song.

Edited by Norm

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

**** you. Don't you dare **** on Rush.

I have a guilty pleasure syndrome for Ozzy. Dio, ehhhh.

I just don't like Rush.  I also get a lot of grief because I don't like AC/DC.  

Also, Airwolf song is better than MacGyver song.

22 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just don't like Rush.  I also get a lot of grief because I don't like AC/DC.  

Also, Airwolf song is better than MacGyver song.

I only know Airwolf as an NES game I think I had 20 copies of at one point. But I still look it up

Rush seriously does suck except for literally three songs.  I kept hearing I had to listen to them, I had to listen to them, I had to listen to them and I listened to every single one of their songs and I liked three of them and the rest sounded exactly the same. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Rush seriously does suck except for literally three songs.  I kept hearing I had to listen to them, I had to listen to them, I had to listen to them and I listened to every single one of their songs and I liked three of them and the rest sounded exactly the same. 

You can't deny Rush's musical expertise.  Neal Peart is widely considered the greatest living rock drummer. Geddy Lee is widely considered one of the greatest bassists around (while also playing keyboard and singing).  Alex Lifeson isn't given enough credit for his guitar work. 

Many current musicians credit Rush as a primary influence on their careers. Bands like Foo Fighters, Rage Against The Machine, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins....the list is quite long. 

A few have already been mentioned.

Bob Dylan is so grating too me, Rod Stewart and Geddy Lee Janis Joplin also on the list 

a few others I feel need mention

David Lee Roth

Dave Mustaine (megadeth)

Cyndi Lauper

Amy Winehouse

Jack Bruce (Cream)

Neil Diamond

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

AC/DC

*Dave beat me to it but he’s absolutely right.  

Oh yay! Crapping on music. We're in my wheelhouse now.

AC/DC is the most boring band ever. I swear you can't play it loud enough where I couldn't still fall asleep.

Led Zepplin stole like 90% of everything they did.

Billy Corigan (Smashing Pumpkins) is my guy whose voice I just can't deal with. 

Tom Waits is one of my all time favorites but he absolutely positively does not have a "good voice". I think I like him because he's such a terrible singer not despite of the fact he's a terrible singer though. He sounds like he smoked a carton of cigarettes while chewing on gravel and yet I still love it. 

If you like Rush I just assume you're an engineer. Something about that band and people who REALLY like math. I'm not sure what it is but I'm almost positive there is a correlation.

Dave Matthews Band is bad but have any of you ever heard of O.A.R.? My best explanation of the band is... "Do you and your frat bros like DMB but they're like too good of musicians? Well then so I have the band for you!"

I hate the Mettalica dudeUH because heUH emphasizises the last syllable of every lineUH way too muchUH!

White guy reggae bands are the bane of my existence.... But I really enjoy ska.🤷

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Oh yay! Crapping on music. We're in my wheelhouse now.

AC/DC is the most boring band ever. I swear you can't play it loud enough where I couldn't still fall asleep.

Led Zepplin stole like 90% of everything they did.

Billy Corigan (Smashing Pumpkins) is my guy whose voice I just can't deal with. 

Tom Waits is one of my all time favorites but he absolutely positively does not have a "good voice". I think I like him because he's such a terrible singer not despite of the fact he's a terrible singer though. He sounds like he smoked a carton of cigarettes while chewing on gravel and yet I still love it. 

If you like Rush I just assume you're an engineer. Something about that band and people who REALLY like math. I'm not sure what it is but I'm almost positive there is a correlation.

Dave Matthews Band is bad but have any of you ever heard of O.A.R.? My best explanation of the band is... "Do you and your frat bros like DMB but they're like too good of musicians? Well then so I have the band for you!"

I hate the Mettalica dudeUH because heUH emphasizises the last syllable of every lineUH way too muchUH!

White guy reggae bands are the bane of my existence.... But I really enjoy ska.🤷

Dude......diss Led Zeppelin at your peril.

Regards Tom Waits: "I think I like him because he's such a terrible singer not despite (of) the fact he's a terrible singer though"
Thats a bit too nuanced even for me!