This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Or work on your house.

I've done more on my house the last week than I did in the previous 14 months we've owned it, got some more stuff coming though. Just waiting on it..

And now I HAVE to drink at home lol Thanks, I hate it.

16 hours ago, cannondale said:

Swear to God. Went in to my insurance agent after becoming an independent contractor and he filled me in. First of all, for some reason Green Bay has some of the highest insurance. He said that some people got awesome insurance for $10 / month with a low deductible, while I ended up with $600 / month with an outrageous deductible. The kicker is he can't get the people to pay their $10 premiums. He also said he used Lysol on the chair and cubicle for every one of them (this is 4 years ago). God has blessed me with excellent health, and it better hold because I can't afford to get sick even with paying $600 / month. Yea, I'm bitter. Thanks Obamacare

Independent contractor?  Own your own business?  Single plan or on an employee/spouse or family plan?  Do you have anyone working with you that you pay?

Based on what you said above, I can probably get you a lower cost plan.  But I'll need more than just you on a policy.  If you are married, it could be your spouse, written as two employee plans.

But, if your policy is for just you and no one else, well then you are stuck with ObamaCare.

Feel free to PM if you want.  I'm a licensed health insurance guy...20 years of experience.

15 hours ago, Norm said:

Time of convo isn't important. I just want that $10 health insurance.

It is possible, Norm.  You gotta have minimal income, and I mean bare minimum.  Then you would need to take the crappiest plan out there, huge deductible, coinsurance...etc.

But it is possible, kind of like it is possible that Tua falls to #30.  Sun, moon, stars need to align. 

Rivers and seas boiling.  The dead rising from the graves.  Dogs and cats livings together....mass hysteria!

Just now, vegas492 said:

It is possible, Norm.  You gotta have minimal income, and I mean bare minimum.  Then you would need to take the crappiest plan out there, huge deductible, coinsurance...etc

No, it's not even that difficult.  At all.  If your employer does not offer health insurance and you make under 50,000 dollars a year you can literally get free health insurance.  That's literally all it takes.  I literally know 6 people who are getting literally free, great health insurance right now and I literally did this myself in 2016-2017 I think it was, but I'm bad with years. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, it's not even that difficult.  At all.  If your employer does not offer health insurance and you make under 50,000 dollars a year you can literally get free health insurance.  That's literally all it takes.  I literally know 6 people who are getting literally free, great health insurance right now and I literally did this myself in 2016-2017 I think it was, but I'm bad with years. 

Well, you are talking years ago, things do amp up a little.  (Regarding income/subsidies.  And where I'm from, it is based more on your income versus the poverty level.) And...missing the state and rating quadrant.  All of that factors into it.  I do most of my work in southeastern Wisconsin.  We've got some of the higher rates in the country, though they aren't as high as they were 10-15 years ago comparatively speaking to other areas of the country.