Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

55 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

If we could get Surtain that would be amazing, would take a 1 & more. But worth it, cause he’s cheap in 2024 & has a 5th yr option for 2025 at $16m, would be extended for sure wouldn’t hurt the cap, ways to make it work.

Ok, this one is interesting.  He seems like he would fit the system pretty well and they still get cap relief when we really need it.  

1 hour ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I don't think the team can burn their only first rounder we've had since 2019, and use it on a half year rental.  The team needs the favorable contract that comes with that first rounder as much as the dude himself.

This. 

You can move it for someone good with reasonably cheap control, but that's about it imo

25 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

Looks like Jack Hammer isn't who he says he is, check this out, fired by Press Democrat, https://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/news/to-our-readers-the-press-democrat-terminates-services-of-49ers-blogger/

Here's the article on what he did and photo from the time. 

https://gilroydispatch.com/coach-with-garlic-roots-hired-to-be-sobrato-high-footballs-first/

• Like 1

"Can't be too careful with all those weirdos out there...."

- The Joker

I had never followed him, just saw him on Jonnydel's show once. Well at least he's been outed. 

And of course he had to just that specific fake name. 

BTW some of these comments defending "Jeff" are cringe. 

https://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/to-our-readers-the-press-democrat-terminates-services-of-49ers-blogger/

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Let's spend some assets on a new OT.

JJ is a menace, I'm no expert on DB play but I watched a lot of Chicago last year and he was all over the place making plays.

Still, I agree and would rather get some reinforcements for the OL.. but if they do get Johnson... 🤤

• Like 1

20 hours ago, adamq said:

JJ is a menace, I'm no expert on DB play but I watched a lot of Chicago last year and he was all over the place making plays.

Still, I agree and would rather get some reinforcements for the OL.. but if they do get Johnson... 🤤

Oh, I'm a fan of Johnson. For sure. His play style fits right in with the 49ers. 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2023 at 9:58 AM, NinerNation21 said:

Let's spend some assets on a new OT.

Wishful thinking, no one is trading a good T right now, too many teams looking for good OL, and not enough to go around.

As for Johnson, he's a UFA after 2023, so it'd be a rental IMO, doubt it happens if they want a high pick. Rather give up a 1 & a bit more for Surtain.

Just now, 49erscap said:

Wishful thinking, no one is trading a good T right now, too many teams looking for good OL, and not enough to go around.

As for Johnson, he's a UFA after 2023, so it'd be a rental IMO, doubt it happens if they want a high pick. Rather give up a 1 & a bit more for Surtain.

The bolded is true. Plus, I don't know that they want to remove McKivitz from the starting role right now. OL pickup is definitely wishful thinking.

I'm cool with Johnson, I like him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, straighthate said:

If (please Baby Jesus in heaven say it ain’t so) Trent is out for a few weeks, do they move McKivitz to LT? I get they didn’t do it mid game, but would they with a week to prepare? 

I doubt it. Jaylon Moore has always taken over at LT whenever Trent goes down. Also, it sounds like Trent is day-to-day and most likely plays on Monday Night. 

McKivitz is entrenched at RT, which is the right move if he's to have a future at RT. Moving him around right now would only make things worse. 

Trent tweaks an ankle every year. Usually, it's late in the season, but this year, he's getting it out of the way early. Thank you, Trent.

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 2