Around the NFL: Week 11

D82

18 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I’d make Garrett sit well into next season.

It would be hypocritical seeing as Pouncy kicked a dude in the helmet who was pinned down and defenseless. He got 3 games. I get it, it was retaliation and people feel its justified. But the fight was over, the threat neutralized and he lost his ish - - - just like Garrett did.  

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It would be hypocritical seeing as Pouncy kicked a dude in the helmet who was pinned down and defenseless. He got 3 games. I get it, it was retaliation and people feel its justified. But the fight was over, the threat neutralized and he lost his ish - - - just like Garrett did.  

I agree to an extent. He was protecting another player. While there’s no doubt that his actions were wrong, they would not have occurred had Garrett not hit his QB in the head with his helmet. That needs to be factored into the scenario.

In my opinion, Rudolph should also receive a suspension for his behavior. But neither he nor Pouncey should be punished as severely as Garrett, because his actions were more egregious.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Was he though? That was protection at that point. It was retaliation. 

It was retaliation at that point, but to Plans comment, retaliation wouldnt have happened if Garrett didnt hit his QB in the head with a helmet.

Rudolph should get suspended as well.

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

It was retaliation at that point, but to Plans comment, retaliation wouldnt have happened if Garrett didnt hit his QB in the head with a helmet.

Rudolph should get suspended as well.

"Garrett's was retaliation"

"Garrett wouldnt have swung the helmet if Rudolph hadnt tried to rip off his helmet, kicked him in the groin, charged him and punched him in the groin"

My point is not to defend Garrett, just showing that its a slippery slope. They went *** for tat, obviously Garretts was the most egregious, but Pouncy could have paralyzed him if the kick had landed cleanly. 

15 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I couldn't believe Garrett did that. But it needs to be said that Rudolph started, then re-escalated a situation that was getting under control.

I don't know.  Hindsight is 20/20 but I don't think Garrett needed to slam Rudolph to the turf.  Then it erupts.  Regardless you don't hit someone over the head with a helmet.  Garrett needs to miss a lot of time including moving into next season.

1 minute ago, Northland said:

I don't know.  Hindsight is 20/20 but I don't think Garrett needed to slam Rudolph to the turf.  Then it erupts.  Regardless you don't hit someone over the head with a helmet.  Garrett needs to miss a lot of time including moving into next season.

Eh...I think missing the remainder of this season is punishment enough. It's not as though the incident was completely out of the blue. Rudolph did his fair sure to instigate it. 

50 minutes ago, D82 said:

Eh...I think missing the remainder of this season is punishment enough. It's not as though the incident was completely out of the blue. Rudolph did his fair sure to instigate it. 

I’m not going to say that any player ever instigates having another player hit him in the head with his own helmet. Yes, he instigated the conflict, but Garrett made the decision to act the way he did, not Rudolph.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, D82 said:

It was the perfect storm.  Rudolph is angry and embarrassed at his performance and then gets tossed/slammed to the turf at that point in the game.  I know the game is played for 60 minutes but if I were Garrett I would have maintained the bear hug to the whistle.  I'm not defending Rudolph but at that point he goes off.  Still someone hits someone over the head with a helmet.  Outrageous conduct.  As a concussion expert said had he been stuck with the topside of the helmet we have a much different worse outcome.  I think Garrett gets games going into next season.