Jump to content
Webmaster

The Myles Garrett incident

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Tex said:

Not really sure what you're talking about but yeah stay out of quoting my posts please. Thanks buddy.

@Webmaster

🤷

Just want to be clear if this stuff is good to go before responding in kind. Fine here with hotly contested debate attacking my arguments. This seems different. But totally game here if it's allowed 😁.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Lmao

 

I'm done with this thread

He was being grappled by a gut bigger than him while the guy who started it all ran back in and swung on him repeatedly. Remove football from the equation and it's really clear. But have fun wherever you are going LOL.

Edited by NudeTayne
*guy ...no, had it right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NudeTayne said:

He was being grappled by a gut bigger than him while the guy who started it all ran back in and swung on him repeatedly. Remove football from the equation and it's really clear. But have fun wherever you are going LOL.

Having not watched it until about 30 minutes ago, and having an ocean between me and the emotion, as well as not using social media (unless you count this place), that's how I see it too.

Take football out of the equation, and the partisan feelings if possible, this is self defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

@Webmaster

🤷

Just want to be clear if this stuff is good to go before responding in kind. Fine here with hotly contested debate attacking my arguments. This seems different. But totally game here if it's allowed 😁.

How about we all just be civil to one another and discuss the topic.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the replay, it shows Rudolph trying to rip off Myles helmet and then when Myles retaliated he full cleat kicked Myles in the nuts

Theres no excuse for swinging a helmet. Shouldve just tossed it into the stands and given him the middle finger

But the cleats to the nuts makes me a lot less angry at Myles for ripping off his helmet (not the swinging part)

Punishment should be to shut him down for the year and bar him from premises. If the Browns make the playoffs it will be punishment enough to not be able to play in the playoffs. Who knows if the Browns will ever make it back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

If Rudolph really wanted to get Garrett, he would have played dead/rolled around holding his head after the helmet hit his head

I really wish he did for some reason.... Like a WWE chairshot.... Just to see people completely lose their minds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a question, I know the results ended up differently an it’s a different sport. But how does this incident not parallel what Marty McSorley did, where he hit a player with the equipment that is used in that sport.

With that incident he was suspended an entire year and also charged with assault. I am not sure if it will happen since the results weren’t as severe, but I still feel a full year along with criminal charges would be fitting 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheGame316 said:

I really wish he did for some reason.... Like a WWE chairshot.... Just to see people completely lose their minds

Like so?

TAVON-AUSTIN-FLOP.gif

Edited by Yin-Yang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There is video of a 300+ pound OL kicking a defenseless guy in the head. Many people think there should be very little to no suspension. If Garrett had been paralyzed, do you feel that sentiment would change?

 

Im just playing devils advocate. 

In the Helmet

Edited by TheGame316

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few things

1) Myles Garrett is a piece of garbage. He's continually pulled dirty and classless stunts like this time and time again. Zero respect for him.

2) That aside... this is further reinforcement that Freddie Kitchens is absolutely terrible and in over his head. His team secured a very important victory over their most hated rival and in the last 8 seconds he can't keep Garrett from exploding. It shows a complete lack of accountability and discipline on that entire team.

3) I think Garrett should be suspended for the rest of the season but chances are that he will only get 2-4 games, which is a bummer. It still drastically hurts the Browns chances of making a late run, but ultimately I think Kitchens being shown the door is probably more important in the long run than potentially salvaging this season to finish 8-8/9-7.

Edited by Bolts223

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pollster said:

Here is a question, I know the results ended up differently an it’s a different sport. But how does this incident not parallel what Marty McSorley did, where he hit a player with the equipment that is used in that sport.

With that incident he was suspended an entire year and also charged with assault. I am not sure if it will happen since the results weren’t as severe, but I still feel a full year along with criminal charges would be fitting 

Canada. Assault wouldn't fly in the US. I'm fairly sure there are laws pertaining to consent etc.

Otherwise it's a really good comparison. Garrett should be out for the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bolts223 said:

 

2) That aside... this is further reinforcement that Freddie Kitchens is absolutely terrible and in over his head.

Yup. This reeks of Kitchen and his 'tough nosed' approach. There's a massive difference between playing hard legal football (they need only look across their Div at two of them) and filth. It's been going on all season, and I don't remember these same players acting up like this. 

At the end of the day, it will negatively affect THEM the most (aside from if they actually injure players with their actions). Imagine this Browns team in a playoff game where it's close and full of suspense? Flags flags flags. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×