The Myles Garrett incident

Webmaster

54 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Good to see both Baker and OBJ refer to this as inexcusable.

37 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Would they say it to his face?

36 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Those two, If they had their helmets on, def. 

That's wrong thinking IMO.  You need to be wearing a soft fur/wool/cotton hats when you tell this to Garret.  That way when he tries to rip them off to beat you with it, it won't hurt as much.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Had a look at your forum, it seems the vast majority do think Freddie is at the root of the discipline issues. Do you not agree with this? Do you think there is a discipline problem at all?

What Garrett did does not correlate with Freddie and ability to have discipline when it comes to aspects of the game like knowing the snap count or knowing how to line up. If so there would be more personal fouls being called on the browns for dirt hits. 

3 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Garrett should be out for the year and charged with assault.

Same with rudolph then, he started it with a nut shot. 

Then garrett argues self defense against two clearly hostile men. 

Bad take bud. 

Lets not pretend football isnt violent.

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

What Garrett did does not correlate with Freddie and ability to have discipline when it comes to aspects of the game like knowing the snap count or knowing how to line up. If so there would be more personal fouls being called on the browns for dirt hits. 

They have the most roughing passer calls. Whilst this can be a ridiculous call, is this not related to foul play as well? They are relatively low on PF fouls, to be fair.

The kind of thing that makes you question a person's mental makeup. Cowardly and dangerous act that could well have ended much worse. Garrett should get 8-10 games, something that lingers into next season. I believe he'll get less though, something like 4-6 more likely. 

That other Brown hitting Rudolph from behind should get 1 game as well and Pouncey 2 games.  

4 hours ago, Dome said:

Garret 4-6 games

Pouncey 2 games 

obiwankenobi gets 1 game

rudolph gets a stern talking to 

I know pouncey was protecting a teammate but stomping a guy on the head while down... think it deserves more than that. I think Garrett should be suspended indefinitely. Hitting a guy with a helmet is extremely  dangerous. And Pouncey should have atleast 4 games

• Like 1

I can't believe people are excusing a swinging helmet to a bare head because 'the other guy started it'. You're allowed to think that BOTH Mason and Myles are at fault, but that Myles' actions were far far worse. You often see players grab face masks, you never ever see someone swinging a helmet at someone's exposed face. 

That's not defending Mason at all. Pouncey can eat a ban too, swinging at a defenseless player, but what Garrett did is beyond 'football violence'. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

They have the most roughing passer calls. Whilst this can be a ridiculous call, is this not related to foul play as well? They are relatively low on PF fouls, to be fair.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/roughing-the-passer?year=2019&view=team

this is saying before this week of games both CLE and BAL were tied for Roughing calls

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Pouncey clearly lying

"I blacked out dont know what i did"

"Whatever i did do ill take the punishment for it" 

It seems like you genuinely know you did do something. 

And amnesia doesnt work like that. 

I understand and do agree with what you're saying.  Although on a side note, I have been in altercations (while sober of course) and could not recall at all what really happened.  Even not believing what witnesses to it said happened.  Sometimes things happen so fast its hard to remember what exactly happened.