BDL 2019 Week 11 - Cuba Smugglers @ Camden Hood Rats

ny92mike

Cuba Smugglers @ Camden Hood Rats  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cuba Smugglers
    • Camden Hood Rats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2019 at 05:59 AM

Both impressively built teams and great gameplans. 

Camden's receiver group is incredible. While I think it strays away from what Baltimore are doing in real life to get the most out of Lamar, at the same time they don't have receivers of the quality Camden does and have to make do with a TE heavy offense. While I think Camden sacrifices the run a bit, you know Hopkins and Kupp are gonna work the space and Sutton will make some circus catches if Lamar goes deep. Witten's a nice safety blanket to have too. 

Obviously Cuba's trio are good too, especially when you consider Cook in the backfield. I like Camden's secondary, especially considering it's 4 deep at CB and can get creative with Coleman there. I also think Camden can limit the run since Lawrence and Harrison is basically a brick wall, although if Cook gets outside he is a home run threat.

Getting pressure on Watson will be an issue though since I'm not overly enthused with Camden's pass-rush from the front 4. Blitzing Adams is key though, guy's been killing it and I'm certain he'll get a sack and some pressures if not more in this matchup. Watson's a baller though and even with safeties deep, Julio's still gonna win against Bouye. 

I don't think there's any formula stopping Lamar that's succeeded. Personally, I think you've gotta go with 6 or 7 DBs, try to contain and have a front 4 that can win consistently. Does Cuba have that? Not quite, but they're close. In the secondary, Sherman will win his share, but if he's primarily on Hopkins, Hopkins will win too. Can Moore and Dennard stop Sutton and Kupp? I don't think so. 

End of the day, as much as I hate to do it, I have to factor in this weeks performance and Lamar was insane while Watson didn't have his best day. This is a must win for Camden while Cuba can afford to drop this and the match is in Camden. I think Camden gets this, 34 - 30 in game of the week. 

After quite a bit of deliberation I went with Camden. I think Cuba has the advantage on the ground with Dalvin Cook and the better O-line, but the secondary, especially the safeties, are a big difference maker here for Camden in the passing game. I think the superior passing game at home will trump the superior run game