WEEK 12 GDT: BROWNS VS DOLPHINS (A WINNING STREAK?!?!!??)

zelbell

WHO WINS  

24 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WINS

• HORNBYBROWN
    • EZ MONEY
    • BROWNS
    • DOLPHINS
    • AMERICA
    • FREAKY DEEKY

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s restricted right?

Offer him the highest tender.  If someone wants to pony up a 1st for our backup RB, have at it, but that should be all it takes to keep him here in 2020.

Idk man. I’d rather have a pro bowl caliber running back than take a risk on a draft pick. Chubb and hunt could be all time great. That pick would have to be pretty high. I don’t wanna end up with some above average safety or something in exchange for him. 

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Idk man. I’d rather have a pro bowl caliber running back than take a risk on a draft pick. Chubb and hunt could be all time great. That pick would have to be pretty high. I don’t wanna end up with some above average safety or something in exchange for him. 

You can’t lock he and Chubb both up long term and I’m guessing most would prefer Chubb.

With those two and OBJ and Landry, that’s a lot of mouths to feed.

I mean, he had 10 touches today.  I can’t see keeping a 10-12 touch player if someone is offering you a 1.  Especially when you’re handing that pick to the guy who drafted both he and Chubb to begin with.

Besides, no one is gonna give up a first and pay Kareem Hunt a huge deal.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s restricted right?

Offer him the highest tender.  If someone wants to pony up a 1st for our backup RB, have at it, but that should be all it takes to keep him here in 2020.

I wonder if time has healed his rep yet? If not now would be the time to sign him to a team friendly deal. Until we have to extend Chubb. 

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hung 40 on ‘em and let start to finish with no real worries.

300+ and 3 TD’s for Baker, 150/2 for Juice, 80/1 for OBJ, monster game from Chubb, Hunt with another strong performance....

IDK man, it wasn’t perfect but there aren’t a lot of perfect games in the NFL.  It was encouraging for the most part.  They looked like they should against that defense.

My only gripe is Freddie got a bit too pass happy later in the game, but it’s a small gripe.

I never said it was a bad game nor did I say we didn't mostly perform well.

We did and it was very positive.

The essence behind my start to finish comment was more along the lines of the "what would this offense look like with a more complete execution game."

I'm not a big stats guy against teams like the dolphins; the game play was clear enough though.. it showed we played consistently well early and struggled and had a lull in execution for decent chunk of the game. My comment speaks more to what this offense has the potential to become albeit we don't seem to be headed to that place this season.

There's still time though for us to hit that consistent stride.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hung 40 on ‘em and let start to finish with no real worries.

300+ and 3 TD’s for Baker, 150/2 for Juice, 80/1 for OBJ, monster game from Chubb, Hunt with another strong performance....

IDK man, it wasn’t perfect but there aren’t a lot of perfect games in the NFL.  It was encouraging for the most part.  They looked like they should against that defense.

My only gripe is Freddie got a bit too pass happy later in the game, but it’s a small gripe.

Agreed. Not that we needed to abandon the pass, but we should have relied on the running game more in the second half.

But I can't lie, part of me wanted them to keep passing so Baker could get his 4th TD, haha.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

I never said it was a bad game nor did I say we didn't mostly perform well.

We did and it was very positive.

The essence behind my start to finish comment was more along the lines of the "what would this offense look like with a more complete execution game."

I'm not a big stats guy against teams like the dolphins; the game play was clear enough though.. it showed we played consistently well early and struggled and had a lull in execution for decent chunk of the game. My comment speaks more to what this offense has the potential to become albeit we don't seem to be headed to that place this season.

I gotcha.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

There's still time though for us to hit that consistent stride.

Maybe, but I personally don’t see it happening this year.

We can still be good, bu I don’t think we’re gonna see the offense we were hoping for this summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We have 20 and 21 where Chubb is on a rookie deal and we could keep him for peanuts with the tender for ‘20.

That’s right I forgot he was a 2nd round pick so you don’t get that 5th year 

• Like 1