Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

11 hours ago, N4L said:

Yeah, unders are probably the way to go. I am going to try and find some unders for season long yardage and TD props. Feels like injuries can really tip the scales in your favor with those.  

Yea I always make projections for fantasy football and anytime I project someone for less than the books have, I am so tempted to jump on it because rarely do I bake in injuries

17 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea I always make projections for fantasy football and anytime I project someone for less than the books have, I am so tempted to jump on it because rarely do I bake in injuries

Now that Jimmy Garoppolo isn't a 49er... 

I'm not sure if LVR drafting a QB in round 1 would be helpful for this bet. On one hand, he may get benched for the rookie at some point, but on the other, adding a rookie into the equation probably lowers the line. 

I actually think that offense should be pretty good with him though. 

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Now that Jimmy Garoppolo isn't a 49er... 

I'm not sure if LVR drafting a QB in round 1 would be helpful for this bet. On one hand, he may get benched for the rookie at some point, but on the other, adding a rookie into the equation probably lowers the line. 

I actually think that offense should be pretty good with him though. 

Jimmy getting benched would mean the rookie is ready so that might not help but Jimmy getting hurt is a "ready or not here you come" scenario that could be bad

On 3/12/2023 at 5:43 PM, SmittyBacall said:

Malik Wright has developed into maybe my most dependable sources come draft time. He was the first one to lock in Jamarr Chase into Cincinnati despite the Sewell chatter, was one of the first on Stingly Jr to Houston, among other tidbits. Essentially, he doesn’t say anything unless he knows. I treat his info as gospel, and it hasn’t failed me yet. He’s made me some serious cash.

Today he’s confident the pick remains Bryce Young, despite the size fit for Reich. At +350, I’m going to stay true lay some coin down. 

Now the clubhouse leader at -150. Fingers crossed.

On 4/2/2023 at 1:58 PM, NYRaider said:

I think there's a realistic chance the Raiders or Seahawks move to #3 for Anthony Richardson.

Someone is definitely moving up to 3 for Richardson. It might even be the Colts to block another trade and the Cardinals still get their guy plus whatever the Colts have to give up.

8 hours ago, adamq said:

If Levis falls as some are saying, I like NYJ as a landing spot. They seem 100% out on Wilson & if Kaaron isn't commiting to '24 they need a plan.

Levis to NYJ is 50-1, this is my crazy longshot stab for the draft

1st off Kaaron LOL

2nd. Man that would be very interesting if they pivot to Levis. Wonder if Aaron would go to Baltimore

9 hours ago, adamq said:

If Levis falls as some are saying, I like NYJ as a landing spot. They seem 100% out on Wilson & if Kaaron isn't commiting to '24 they need a plan.

Levis to NYJ is 50-1, this is my crazy longshot stab for the draft

The Jets moving on from Zach Wilson to draft Zach-Wilson-at-home would be the most Jets thing ever.

Realistically though, Rodgers is going to be in NY and the FO is hoping he can right the Zach Wilson ship.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

The Jets moving on from Zach Wilson to draft Zach-Wilson-at-home would be the most Jets thing ever.

Realistically though, Rodgers is going to be in NY and the FO is hoping he can right the Zach Wilson ship.

I don't think Zach will ever make it as a jet considering his teammates have treated him like the runt of a litter of wild dogs. 

From an outsider's perspective he has been ostracized from the group. The young leaders/cornerstones of that team have made it clear they don't want him as their QB. That means something. 

Zach needs a fresh start somewhere else. 

I think it's laughable that you expect Rodgers to mentor/fix Zach. Rodgers has never shown to be a guy who does that sort of thing. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I don't think Zach will ever make it as a jet considering his teammates have treated him like the runt of a litter of wild dogs. 

From an outsider's perspective he has been ostracized from the group. The young leaders/cornerstones of that team have made it clear they don't want him as their QB. That means something. 

Zach needs a fresh start somewhere else. 

I think it's laughable that you expect Rodgers to mentor/fix Zach. Rodgers has never shown to be a guy who does that sort of thing. 

What if Jordan Love kills it? Crazy to expect AR to rub off on Zach?

And winning cures all ails. If Zach can turn it around riding the bench and return a capable QB that can win games, he will win over the locker room.

Adding a few more bets to the draft slate:

1.) Christian Gonzalez first corner taken +120 - I will happily take this at plus money. Was once the heavy favorite at -175, but Witherspoon's 40 time a few days ago shifted the odds. Athletic profile is the difference-maker here. Gonzalez fits the prototypical mold of an elite corner and Witherspoon's profile is underwhelming and incomplete. That's enough for me.

2.) Will Levis draft position over 7.5 +120 - Not buying the hype. Media perception on QBs is typically higher than the NFL. Will gladly take plus money here.

3. ) Bengals drafting Michael Mayer at +700 - Bit of a longshot here, but odds are too good for a team that should be considered the favorite, IMO. We have a gaping need at the position and Mayer fits our desired draft profile to a tee. If he's there at 28 I think he's the obvious pick. Going with my gut here.

• Like 1

This is the wrong thread for this and will be my last post here about it. 

5 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

What if Jordan Love kills it? 

It will be irrelevant. 

Does Rodgers being a HOF QB mean that Brett Farce was a good QB mentor?? Absolutely not. 

Crazy to expect AR to rub off on Zach?

Yes, that is what I am saying. You are living in a fantasy land if you think Aaron Rodgers, a purported selfish QB with a massive ego who can't seem to date anyone for an extended period of time and is estranged from his family, will "rub off on Zach, and mean it in a positive way that ingratiates ZW to his teammates, who currently despise the kid. 

It would be one thing if his teammates were like - "yeah, we like him but he just is too far away from being a starting level QB for us to wait for him to develop". That is not what is happening though. The guys on that team really seem to hate him. They dont "*** with" him at all.  

And winning cures all ails. If Zach can turn it around riding the bench and return a capable QB that can win games, he will win over the locker room.

lmao. Big IF there. 

"If Zach wilson somehow gets good, then the team will support him" Do you hear yourself? lol 

The team does not believe in him as a QB. It would take an extraordinary turnaround for that to change. 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

"If Zach wilson somehow gets good, then the team will support him" Do you hear yourself? lol 

The team does not believe in him as a QB. It would take an extraordinary turnaround for that to change. 

That is literally what I implied.

Zach is bad. It would be a miracle for him to save his career. If he happens to do so in two years, the team will be on his side. Nothing brings a team together like winning, and that's gospel.

How can he turn it around? Watching Rodgers practice, watching Rodgers dissect film in the QB room, and watching Rodgers put it all together on Sundays - all while comfortably holding the clipboard knowing your being sat for at least one season.

I'm not saying it's how it will play out - it's one of many scenarios - but if it's gonna happen that's likely how it will.

On 4/10/2023 at 8:35 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

1st off Kaaron LOL

2nd. Man that would be very interesting if they pivot to Levis. Wonder if Aaron would go to Baltimore

I was thinking a major drop for Levis, like the 2nd round. Just as a possible future option to be groomed on the side.. we know Rodgers isn't helping out at all in that regard, but that's why you have a QB coach.

Again  this is one of my crazy $5 longshots just for the hell of it