Week 12 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, Forge said:

Perhaps. I'm sure we probably could. Not at a second round value, but I think we could get something. 

His contract is basically year to year so teams might be interested. Regardless we have to franchise AA trade him or re-sign him. Can't allow him to just walk. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Question to all- 

@y2lamanaki will talk about it on the podcast for a bit and give our thoughts, but I want your opinions. 

Do you cut Dee Ford or Kwon Alexander next year in order to be able to sign AA long term? 

1st off great question. Short answer keep Kwon and trade Ford. Wouldn't cut either. Way too much talent. And we can afford AA...he'll be re-signed.

Just now, 49ersfan said:

Thought we were tight on the cap next season? Unless we wana tag and trade (and if the Chiefs could do that with Ford, Seahawks could do that with Clark, we should do that with Armstead)

We are. We have some people we can move and everything, but with extensions and the like, could be hard to fit an 18m/yr third defensive lineman out there lol. 

Just now, sherm said:

1st off great question. Short answer keep Kwon and trade Ford. Wouldn't cut either. Way too much talent. And we can afford AA...he'll be re-signed.

Yeah, it probably should have been trade in retrospect. I think there's absolutely a trade partner out there for Ford if we decided to keep AA 

Thought Jimmy should have taken the crosser there. 

But again, the Packers are just clogging the middle of the field. The play action worked early that drive, but need to change it up some. 

Scary part is the Packers are just a TD away from making it interesting. We have blown a lot of opportunities. Two RZ possessions leading to only six points.