Offseason Work to do

mwalker

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ehh.     Why?   At this point just replace him with a late rounder.   At worst, you get a guy who contributes almost as much and at least has upside.  

Cheap, good special teamer, and great locker room guy. I’m fine with it as long as he doesn’t get significant snaps on defense.

Im all about Snacks Harrison on a cheap 1 or 2 year deal. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind coming to a Super Bowl contender with a huge hole at his position. He would be a perfect fit and he showed that he still has a little left in the tank last season. With that being said, it would have to be for the vet minimum or close to it.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Wonder how much it would cost to land Damon Harrison.

We cant have much money left, if any, but if we were able to make that signing, we could pretty much go BPA the entire draft.

Probably too much, but McCullers sure as hell cant be the starter and Id rather not have to go into the draft with such notable gap.   Its probably the last major need we have.

I dont normally like signing older FAs, but we need to win with Ben while simultaneously looking to the future.

They could afford it as long as it was 3-4 mill....they have roughly $5 mill cap room right now and only need $2.5 mill to sign draft picks.

Plus Heywarda inevitable extension will create a few more mill $$$ in room.

Plus if they really wanted to push it, they could afford another mid tier signing by restructuring one or both of DeCastro and Tuitt.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Wonder how much it would cost to land Damon Harrison.

We cant have much money left, if any, but if we were able to make that signing, we could pretty much go BPA the entire draft.

Probably too much, but McCullers sure as hell cant be the starter and Id rather not have to go into the draft with such notable gap.   Its probably the last major need we have.

I dont normally like signing older FAs, but we need to win with Ben while simultaneously looking to the future.

Didn't Harrison say he was going to retire?

@Chieferific I've come around to your line of thinking about McCullers. I didn't really grasp how much he was costing against the cap. I should have been more informed instead of just arguing. Even a 2nd round draft pick is considerably cheaper than McCullers(not saying I'm advocating for a 2nd round NT). I do have a little faith he can turn into a decent player player, but if he doesn't show more improvement his job shouldn't be safe. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

I hope that Vannet signed a decent contract to help offset on the comp picks for next year.

Yeah right now I'd assume Ebron will cancel out Hargrave, Wiz will cancel out Davis, Watt will cancel out Matakevich,  so we are looking at maybe a late round round comp. I might be way off.

well we have lost hargrave, matakevich, davis, vannet, burns, and finney.

we have sigend Ebron, wis, and watt. My best guess is we still have a 3rd or 4th coming from hargrave and the lower picks for matakevich, finney, and davis are canceled out. Like i said if vannets contract is significant enough we might get a 7th back depending on contract size

1 hour ago, Big Snack said:

well we have lost hargrave, matakevich, davis, vannet, burns, and finney.

we have sigend Ebron, wis, and watt. My best guess is we still have a 3rd or 4th coming from hargrave and the lower picks for matakevich, finney, and davis are canceled out. Like i said if vannets contract is significant enough we might get a 7th back depending on contract size

The projection I read was a 4th for Hargrave.

Watt/Dirty Red, Ebron/Finney+Davis, Wiz/Vannett--Burns has to be a minimum deal, so I would assume he is not a factor.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but that is a guess.  A 4th or 5th rounder once the dust settles.  Not horrible since we sent out at 5th for Wormley.

4 hours ago, kurgan said:

The projection I read was a 4th for Hargrave.

Watt/Dirty Red, Ebron/Finney+Davis, Wiz/Vannett--Burns has to be a minimum deal, so I would assume he is not a factor.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but that is a guess.  A 4th or 5th rounder once the dust settles.  Not horrible since we sent out at 5th for Wormley.

there is still a chance it nets a 3rd but will depend on what other FA contracts are signed league wide. Most likely it is a 4th but have to wait for the rest of the larger contracts like clowney to sign before it settles up.

Burns had a promising Rookie year.  He made me think perhaps he wasn't a reach.  I still contend that he was not utilized correctly.  He is a Press Corner and they played him 8 yards off the LOS.  I'm not saying he would have ever been great but he could have been better imo. 

Edited by Chieferific
  • Like 2