Offseason Work to do

mwalker

I think it’s hilarious and terrifying that this time last year everyone was baulking about Bud Dupree’s 5th year option and if he was even worth the salary. Now here we are, we can’t possibly let him go. One year wonders give me the heebie-jeebies, theres going to be a lot of risk in giving Dupree a deal. Here’s to hoping if we retain him he continues to improve and not regress back to his first 4 seasons.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

I think it’s hilarious and terrifying that this time last year everyone was baulking about Bud Dupree’s 5th year option and if he was even worth the salary. Now here we are, we can’t possibly let him go. One year wonders give me the heebie-jeebies, theres going to be a lot of risk in giving Dupree a deal. Here’s to hoping if we retain him he continues to improve and not regress back to his first 4 seasons.

I agree. But the criticism he received and the reason people were furious about it was 100% justified. Bringing him back again, I want to say its the right move but if we give him a huge contract and he disappears again...we will be stuck in cap.hell for what exactly? Part of me feels it's in our best interest to lose him to FA

• Like 1

IIRC, Dupree had battled injuries and had offseason surgery/recoveries til this past offseason...FWIW.

They can’t just let him go...no worthwhile replacement on roster, cutting his backup in Chick is probably happening as well.

It would force their hand draft wise or hoping to out pay someone  in FA.

Short term he must be kept no matter what...long term there is valid concerns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Those 1st teamers are warranted. I was going to make a post about how quietly Cam dominated this season. He had a monster year, but was overshadowed by our EDGE guys and Secondary.

Tuitt was playing his best football prior to his injury as well. In fact, I thnk he was our best overall defender before getting hurt. I wonder what his impact and numbers would have been if he stayed healthy all year?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Tuitt was playing his best football prior to his injury as well. In fact, I thnk he was our best overall defender before getting hurt. I wonder what his impact and numbers would have been if he stayed healthy all year?

It seems like maybe we'll never see what could happen with a fully firing Cam and Tuitt for a whole season. It seems like when they're together, they're pretty good. Once one gets hurt, the other turns into superman. I don't think we've ever seen more than a glimpse or two of both of them playing at their best.

12 hours ago, Cbrunn said:

If antonie Winfield Jr is there in the 2nd, I run to draft him

I know everyone wants offense but another Fitzpatrick on the other side with Edmunds sliding down and playing the Baron role

Winfield checks off all boxes they look for, and Is a major playmaker

If he declares, I don't think he made a decision yet

I never thought of that, good idea since edmunds isn't a good safety. I don't see him succeeding as the baron though, not a good tackler either

13 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

agree 100% on this. If he returns healthy, it will improve the defence a bit anyways.  Really was loss nobody mentioned during the season for some reason

• Like 1