Mitchell Trubisky's last few games

ChicagoRaider14

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

If we are riding with Mitch I want a new

RG

LT

YTE

UTE

Line it up and win running the ball and running play action.

Add a Center, and RG in there as well...

Daniels is playing like trash, and Whitehair can't snap the ball reliably.

Whitehair however, does play well enough to stick as a starting LG.

EDIT: Misread ya a bit, you already had RG on there, thought it said RT....  Basically Whitehair is the only guy on the line I'm "OK" with right now. Daniels spot he can compete for, Leno and Massie are both bums and been downright embarassing most games.

Edited by Epyon

8 hours ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

Yeah, I agree man.

Whitehair is the only guy moving forward.

James Daniels is still a good talent he is just having a sophomore slump this year.  The whole line has been playing bad though.  They were one of the better units in the NFL in Nagy's first year in 2018 and they are now they are sucking bad with basically the same unit minus Long and I think a lot of it is due to coaching

I think we also need an upgrade at RG.  I don't think Coward is any good.  He looks lost and slow out there.  Might want to see what Chicago's favorite backup in Alex Bars has at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

James Daniels is still a good talent he is just having a sophomore slump this year.  The whole line has been playing bad though.  They were one of the better units in the NFL in Nagy's first year in 2018 and they are now they are sucking bad with basically the same unit minus Long and I think a lot of it is due to coaching

I think we also need an upgrade at RG.  I don't think Coward is any good.  He looks lost and slow out there.  Might want to see what Chicago's favorite backup in Alex Bars has at some point.

I think Daniels can turn it around, but I am not sure that he can be a center. Also, we need to fire our oline coach.

Realistically, the QB, Oline, and WR coaches should all be canned.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

PFF is meaningless.

The two INT's he threw were horrendous. He was good again in the 3rd quarter and that's it.

I think they are a good tool for measuring a QBs individual performance, but at the same time their weekly grades do not take into account the circumstances.

Their after season grades to take into account the circumstances to an extent.

So, Mitch played a superb game on Thanksgiving, continuing the trend that I noticed over recent games.

If Mitch continues to play well and gets us into the playoffs, then are we satisfied with him at QB (potentially extending his contract)or do we, as a fan base, still want to bring in another QB in the offseason?

19 minutes ago, ChicagoRaider14 said:

So, Mitch played a superb game on Thanksgiving, continuing the trend that I noticed over recent games.

If Mitch continues to play well and gets us into the playoffs, then are we satisfied with him at QB (potentially extending his contract)or do we, as a fan base, still want to bring in another QB in the offseason?

I would love an improbable playoff run, but about a month ago a situation like that was my nightmare scenario, at least for Mitch.  How to evaluate a QB who can occasionally play well sometimes intermittently. 

If that would be the case, I think the HOW would be more important than the results. We'd need to see consistenly good pre and post snap eye work, footwork and accuracy.  

No matter the case, I think you're QB room is different next season: Bray is bad without potential, and Daniels role as bench coach hasn't really netted any results. I would absolutely bring in one cheap veteran and either a late pick or practice squad poach. At least get someone cheaper/better than Daniel, as well as someone who could grow into a #2 role.  One of the Pace-isms I was most excited about was the "acquire a QB every year" thought we had QB1 locked up so it would be great to develop guys behind him and get either a good backup, trade bait or a surprise star. 

If you want to start torturing yourself about the playoffs: http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I'm not there yet, but sure did enjoy watching the Lions lose.

12 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I would love an improbable playoff run, but about a month ago a situation like that was my nightmare scenario, at least for Mitch.  How to evaluate a QB who can occasionally play well sometimes intermittently. 

If that would be the case, I think the HOW would be more important than the results. We'd need to see consistenly good pre and post snap eye work, footwork and accuracy.  

No matter the case, I think you're QB room is different next season: Bray is bad without potential, and Daniels role as bench coach hasn't really netted any results. I would absolutely bring in one cheap veteran and either a late pick or practice squad poach. At least get someone cheaper/better than Daniel, as well as someone who could grow into a #2 role.  One of the Pace-isms I was most excited about was the "acquire a QB every year" thought we had QB1 locked up so it would be great to develop guys behind him and get either a good backup, trade bait or a surprise star. 

If you want to start torturing yourself about the playoffs: http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I'm not there yet, but sure did enjoy watching the Lions lose.

I projected out the rest of the season for all teams and have the Bears securing the wildcard. Ultimately it comes down to beating Dallas and winning vs the division for a 9-7 finish. 

AFC:

New England

Baltimore

Kansas City

Indianapolis

Buffalo

Houston

NFC:

San Francisco

New Orleans

Green Bay

Philadelphia