Week 13: VIKINGS (8-3) at Seahawks (9-2)

swede700

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I imagine it will be on local TV in the Twin Cities, for those people that don't have ESPN.  They usually do.  I'll likely be watching it on my phone on the NFL.com app.  

But for those of us not within range of the Twin Cities local stations, we have to figure something else out. I just can't justify buying cable TV just for one or two Vikings games a year. It stinks that they don't put the Minnesota team's games on broadcast TV in MN outside of the twin cities when they are playing on Monday Night Football.

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

But for those of us not within range of the Twin Cities local stations, we have to figure something else out. I just can't justify buying cable TV just for one or two Vikings games a year. It stinks that they don't put the Minnesota team's games on broadcast TV in MN outside of the twin cities when they are playing on Monday Night Football.

That does suck...I just wish the NFL wouldn't put football games on cable stations period, since you're eliminating a good portion of potential viewership.  But, of course MLB is now doing that as well with playoff games.  Pure nonsense.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I imagine it will be on local TV in the Twin Cities, for those people that don't have ESPN.  They usually do.  I'll likely be watching it on my phone on the NFL.com app.  

I guess it didn't occur to me that I'm still probably in the twin cities viewership

42 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Play an NFL.com fantasy league next year. The app streams primetime games for free. As for tonight...Any good sportsbars in the vicinity you could watch at?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KOTN-93 said:

Play an NFL.com fantasy league next year. The app streams primetime games for free. As for tonight...Any good sportsbars in the vicinity you could watch at?

Yeah, there are several. I am planning on going to one of them. Or maybe I'll just drive up to the cities. I am only 70 miles south of the cities, but that is enough to not get the Twin Cities over-the-air networks. The over-the-air networks I get are from La Cross, WI and Mason City, IA. Yesterday I had to watch the Packers instead of getting to watch the Ravens beat the Niners. The Ravens against the Niners looked a lot more compelling but when you get Wisconsin stations you have to watch Wisconsin teams.

That is a good tip on NFL.com fantasy leagues. This was the first year in over 20 years that I didn't play fantasy football. It was kind of nice but being able to watch the Monday Night game is motivation enough to get me to sign back up for a fantasy league next year. I didn't know being in a league opened the door to an Internet stream for Monday Night games. Most ESPN content that streams requires a cable subscription. It is nice to know that the NFL used its muscle to get ESPN to allow streams to the rest of us, as long as we sign up for their fantasy football.

They must have really not liked what they were seeing from Doctson in practice to choose an undrafted rookie off the practice squad over him.

Or maybe they really like what they have been seeing from the undrafted rookie. He got the nod over the Dillon MItchell who was drafted.

FYI - The game will be broadcast in the Twin Cities area on Channel 4.1 (CBS).

https://www.ontvtonight.com/guide/listings/MinneapolisNight.html

The Vikings have only played two teams with a winning record all year.  And they are 0-2 in those games.  I would normally expect a Gopher size humiliation let down in a prime time game with a wider audience than normal.  HOWEVER... I have to go to a movie tonight with my wife (yes, have to); gone from 6:30 to 9:30 so I expect the game of the century for the Vikings for the first three quarters, then Seattle comes from behind in a historic last second win in the fourth quarter when I get to watch some of the game.  Maybe I'll just skip the whole thing... take one for the team.

11 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

They must have really not liked what they were seeing from Doctson in practice to choose an undrafted rookie off the practice squad over him.

Or maybe they really like what they have been seeing from the undrafted rookie. He got the nod over the Dillon MItchell who was drafted.

Well, it's not like he'll really play...he may also be a better special teams player than Mitchell.  

I understand.

I was looking at records now.

Point was the Vikings have only played two good teams all year.  I would not call the Eagles a good team even if they were 3-2 when we played them.  They had losses to Detroit and Atlanta and wins over Washington and NY Jets.

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, it's not like he'll really play...he may also be a better special teams player than Mitchell.  

He might play some. There are not a lot of other WRs on the roster. Our other rookie WR, 7th round pick Olabisi Johnson made quick work of passing Treadwell on the depth chart. If things are looking good for Hollins he can scoot in front of Treadwell too.

But yeah, it might just be that he is better special-teamer. For now, I am going to harbor hopes that he is the better WR as that is preferable. I love seeing competition on the team and players earning their way up by beating out the competition on the team.

I don't know much about Hollins but judging by his size I am hoping he can be used to get deep. He is the same 6-1 as Mitchell but quite a bit lighter at 166lbs. Sounds like the frame of a guy that runs fast to me.

58 minutes ago, since72 said:

The Vikings have only played two teams with a winning record all year.  And they are 0-2 in those games. 

It is somewhat surprising that the Vikings have made it through 11 games and only two of the opponents in their games currently has a winning record. However, the Vikings are a big piece of the reason most of those teams do not have winning records.

If the Vikings are going to win the Super Bowl this year they are going to have to beat some teams that end the season with winning records. Tonight is a great time to start. Seattle has clinched a winning record for the year but there is no reason the Vikings can't come home from Seattle with nine wins on the year.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I dont know if it would work down there but up here in Canada we have to use DAZN to view games. You get a 30day free trial and then is only $20/month and you can cancel at end of the season. It has an app so you can watch on smart tvs, phones or add the app on a media player.

• Like 1