Week 13 GDT: Packers at NY (Football) Giants

squire12

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Honestly NE doesn't scare me! I don't think they are very good offensively. Their stats are great defensively but they have only played one decent offense all year. I"m not sold on them. Baltimore scares the heck out of me more than any team. 

I think we'd play SF really well if we had a rematch. 

I would rather play a team with a great offense rather than a great defense fwiw

Edited by Malfatron

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse -  Packers listed Bryan Bulaga as questionable. 80 percent of the team's "questionable" designations this season have gone on to play in the game, so Bulaga probably has a great shot at playing Sunday vs. Giants.

I wish he could have gutted out the San Fran game.  Seemed like once he was out we were dead in the water.  If he was able to return just a few days later you have to wonder how serious it was to begin with.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wish he could have gutted out the San Fran game.  Seemed like once he was out we were dead in the water.  If he was able to return just a few days later you have to wonder how serious it was to begin with.  

A few days is still a few days, coming out of the game injured is one thing but a few days of est and rehab you can recover a bit faster 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

4 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

A few days is still a few days, coming out of the game injured is one thing but a few days of est and rehab you can recover a bit faster 

Generally speaking the Adrenalin will carry you through for a few hours after an injury if it is not too serious. The problem are the days after under normal circumstances. I'm not questioning Bulaga's toughness, just pointing out a fact.  

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Generally speaking the Adrenalin will carry you through for a few hours after an injury if it is not too serious. The problem are the days after under normal circumstances. I'm not questioning Bulaga's toughness, just pointing out a fact.  

I would think Bulaga is probably a pretty tough guy, but he does have a lot of incentive to keep playing this season.  Just saw that the RT from the Eagles just got a huge payday.  Also got to wonder if that knee got a little better once he saw the Packers claim Veldheer.  Probably coincidence?

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I would think Bulaga is probably a pretty tough guy, but he does have a lot of incentive to keep playing this season.  Just saw that the RT from the Eagles just got a huge payday.  Also got to wonder if that knee got a little better once he saw the Packers claim Veldheer.  Probably coincidence?

I'm not questioning Bulaga's toughness or motives. I just think his body is breaking down and he's going to continue to struggle to stay healthy. Makes it too risky for me to want to invest much money in the guy. But don't misunderstand, he's going to get paid this off season. I just hope it is not by us! That is a luxury we cannot afford IMO! 

8 hours ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

Don't know if I would consider a quality RT a luxury , to me more of a necessity. It's definitely a quandary we are in with Bulaga. So many holes to fill and now a RT to add to the list. It's definitely a tough spot for the pack on this one.

The real unfortunate thing about Bulaga is we thought we had drafted his replacement a few years ago with Spriggs but so far he hasn't panned out.   :(

Bulaga isn't worth what Lane Johnson just got. 

At the same time, Bobby Massie is making 7.7 million, so if it's a choice between having Bulaga at 10 million or even 11 million per and trying to find his replacement given the state of RT in the NFL, I'd rather pay him a little more than he's worth than try to replace him.  ESPECIALLY the way our offense runs/with Rodgers. 

Some teams can get away with having nobody offensive linemen (Brady, Brees) because they get rid of the ball.  Rodgers cannot. 

Our defense is in desperate need of a get right game.  

Jace Steam Engine needs to show a flash.  Even if it’s like a 10 yard catch on 3rd and 17.  He just needs to show up.

We need to try Gary at TE and see if we can salvage that clear and obvious bust who will never do anything because he sucked in college and an entire scouting staff thought he was worth a 12th overall pick only because he has two first names.