Week 13 GDT Raiders(6-5) Chiefs(7-4)

agarcia34

17 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

The evaluation is done. People who needs to see more is just hoping for the best and dont want to search for another qb. He is andy dalton, kirk cousins,  when every thing around him is clicking which is above average with some good numbers but never real belief he will win it all for you. When things aren't good around him, he average for most part with a chance for some good games. 

Starring down wrs from hike to the throw is something I just cant get with from a 6 year guy. He does it to much. His pre snap recognition is pretty bad to. He has audible into some terrible run plays. He still stays to one side of the field most of the time, where ever his first read at. How many times you seen him look a safety off to come back to the other side of the field. I'm not saying the dude sucks. But I have serious doubts he could go into bmore or kc and win a playoff game with a great surrounding cast on offense. 

Everyone talks a big game but how do you fix this?

Just look around the NFL, young QBs who showed promised last year sucked this year.

Carr is by far the best QB the Raiders had in the last 20 years.

What do you think the Raiders didn’t sign free agents and draft QBs?

It’s just a crapshoot 

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I think it should be widely accepted. The question should be about the option we move forward with. Keep Carr and build the team around or go find a new QB. At this point, i'd keep building the team around him.

With the fa options and where we drafting. I attend to agree with you. I'm still bringing in a fa to compete/ push carr. 

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

With the fa options and where we drafting. I attend to agree with you. I'm still bringing in a fa to compete/ push carr. 

At that point, he is  7 year QB.  Should we need to spend cap (we will have to spend to get anyone that could push him) to find someone to push a 7 year QB?

Just now, Bitty 2.0 said:

Everyone talks a big game but how do you fix this?

Just look around the NFL, young QBs who showed promised last year sucked this year.

Carr is by far the best QB the Raiders had in the last 20 years.

What do you think the Raiders didn’t sign free agents and draft QBs?

It’s just a crapshoot 

Yeah it's an obvious crap shoot. But being scared to not find a better option dont mean you just continuing player and resigning an average qb. Bucs shouldnt stay with winston, titans should stay with Mariota, and eventually bears letting trubisky walk. 

1 minute ago, Totty said:

At that point, he is  7 year QB.  Should we need to spend cap (we will have to spend to get anyone that could push him) to find someone to push a 7 year QB?

Honestly I hate to say it. But yes. But at least if we spend money we have a decent replacement until we can draft one. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Williams averaged 3.2 rec, 50.8 yds and 0.3 TD per game with Rivers the last 3 years. This season he's averaging 3.3, 48.9 and 0.5 TD. It's just who he is. He isn't a bad player to have if there's another much better WR to be the go to guy. Renfrow became the go to guy over the last month for a reason.

Williams isnt a bad player, Hes the type that needs #1 across from him, to allow him to do his thing. Hes not a feature guy. Thats why i want a WR in round 1, someone to come in and be the #1, that will allow TW to be #2 Zay #3 and Renfrow #4(was looking real #3ish before he got hurt though)

31 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Agree, I think he can still be an above-average QB with some really good games and really bad ones too. Which has pretty much been the season so far. With more pieces in place, he'll continue to prove that one way or another and if we want to move on, the team will be better stocked for a replacement. I think adding a legit backup who could push him is a good idea.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

The evaluation is done. People who needs to see more is just hoping for the best and dont want to search for another qb. He is andy dalton, kirk cousins,  when every thing around him is clicking which is above average with some good numbers but never real belief he will win it all for you. When things aren't good around him, he average for most part with a chance for some good games. 

Starring down wrs from hike to the throw is something I just cant get with from a 6 year guy. He does it to much. His pre snap recognition is pretty bad to. He has audible into some terrible run plays. He still stays to one side of the field most of the time, where ever his first read at. How many times you seen him look a safety off to come back to the other side of the field. I'm not saying the dude sucks. But I have serious doubts he could go into bmore or kc and win a playoff game with a great surrounding cast on offense. 

You've been done for over a year, let's not mix words. That's your opinion and your right to it. I guess if it makes you feel better to vent, carry on.

I understand the frustration. However, no matter how much you break him down or how much you want to replace him, it's still not realistic.

We can bring in a free agent to push him, draft a guy some where in the mid rounds, or sell the farm for one of the few available in the first. I'm only against the latter because I don't want to give up picks for any of the QBs in the upcoming class. 

So the only option in my mind is to keep building the team up and Carr is the starter next year to start the season. If a free agent or 3rd rounder takes the job from him, so be it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Yeah it's an obvious crap shoot. But being scared to not find a better option dont mean you just continuing player and resigning an average qb. Bucs shouldnt stay with winston, titans should stay with Mariota, and eventually bears letting trubisky walk. 

Let’s see if these teams find a good QB in the next 10 years, if not then they should of stayed with there original QB.

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Let’s see if these teams find a good QB in the next 10 years, if not then they should of stayed with there original QB.

Titans already proved they shouldnt. So far they are right. Go look at titans fans last two years talking bout Mariota. They was complaining about the same stuff him not having that raiders fans are. Than tanny comes in and everybody is having their best set of games with him. The offense is doubling pts output. Is tanny the future forever. I dont know but it's clear Mariota wasnt. Smart for them to move on. 

12 minutes ago, true2form said:

You've been done for over a year, let's not mix words. That's your opinion and your right to it. I guess if it makes you feel better to vent, carry on.

I understand the frustration. However, no matter how much you break him down or how much you want to replace him, it's still not realistic.

We can bring in a free agent to push him, draft a guy some where in the mid rounds, or sell the farm for one of the few available in the first. I'm only against the latter because I don't want to give up picks for any of the QBs in the upcoming class. 

So the only option in my mind is to keep building the team up and Carr is the starter next year to start the season. If a free agent or 3rd rounder takes the job from him, so be it. 

Read all my posts. Already said it wasnt realistic to replace him. Already said he is the starter next year.  This is the raiders forum right. We shouldnt break down our current qb here. We shouldnt discuss his game. I mean what exactly is this forum for???  I haven't been down on Carr. If I was I would say he sucks and cut him. I'm just not high on the guy. Trying to win it all with a great supporting cast and an high price average qb is hard. I'm honestly cool with Carr on the team. Just dont think we can resign him when the time comes. So they need to be diligent on trying to find a replacement. How they do it,  is what mayock and Gruden get paid for. 

52 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Titans already proved they shouldnt. So far they are right. Go look at titans fans last two years talking bout Mariota. They was complaining about the same stuff him not having that raiders fans are. Than tanny comes in and everybody is having their best set of games with him. The offense is doubling pts output. Is tanny the future forever. I dont know but it's clear Mariota wasnt. Smart for them to move on. 

Overreacting  It’s like 4 games.

4 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Carr>Mariota

also, Tannehill was a 1st round pick, that played well for MIA, I think they got tired of the injuries and had an opportunity to bring in Rosen at a discount. 

im not saying don’t try and improve the QB position, or that DC is the man. Only that, ok, if it’s time to move on, who do we bring in? Not sold on either Winston or Mariota, Tha getting hurt sucks and I wouldn’t spend a 1 on him if he did come out. Are we going to be in position to take a top QB? If we have to trade up, hard pass. This year, I’d use a mid round pick on a QB, if for nothing else to add depth at the position, continue to build the roster up, then see what our options are in 2020, if we nail this offseason, we’ll be in position to go all in on a QB like Lawrence or a healthy Tua. 

5 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Read all my posts. Already said it wasnt realistic to replace him. Already said he is the starter next year.  This is the raiders forum right. We shouldnt break down our current qb here. We shouldnt discuss his game. I mean what exactly is this forum for???  I haven't been down on Carr. If I was I would say he sucks and cut him. I'm just not high on the guy. Trying to win it all with a great supporting cast and an high price average qb is hard. I'm honestly cool with Carr on the team. Just dont think we can resign him when the time comes. So they need to be diligent on trying to find a replacement. How they do it,  is what mayock and Gruden get paid for.

Why so defensive? 

You don't like him and want him replaced, like I said that's your opinion and right to it.

Own it.