Week 13 GDT Raiders(6-5) Chiefs(7-4)

agarcia34

10 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

One argument we can make about Carr is that I'm not sure he elevates guys around him. Waller and Jacobs are our really only talented skill guys aside from maybe Moreau, but I bet they would look better with somebody else.

I've been defending him this year but he has been the common factor for the past six years.

It’s a know fact that he doesn’t make anyone better. Carr can be a good QB, but he needs the best offensive line. He needs a great running game. He needs the best WRs. It’s not a shot at him it’s just the truth. He’s a game manager playing in a league where super star QBs are carrying their teams. Carr will never be that he has a hard enough time carrying his own weight sometimes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

One thing that bothers me with Carr is how fast he loses confidence with his teammates. Carr is the reason why Cooper is not here. You can probably even say it happened with Crabtree as well. He lost confidence in him and stopped throwing him the ball. You’re seeing it happen with Tyrell now. To me that’s not a trait I want in my QB. Okay you drop a pass so here’s another one to make up for it. Do these players lose confidence in Carr when they’re open and Carr just checks the ball down in a panic or when he doesn’t see them. Just baffles me how he does that. You don’t see the great ones doing that. 

Exactly, it's the opposite of leadership. And you could visibly see it yesterday when he gave up on a 3rd down play, throwing it in the dirt. Teammates looked exasperated by it. 

Things went south with Crabtree. Cooper completely disappeared from the offense. It's not coincidence. Williams and Zay Jones can make plays on balls. They are not even getting the chance. Heck, I've not seen Zay catch a pass that wasn't a wide open slant or curl since he got here.

I'd have no problem with Carr throwing an INT trying to make a play on occasion. Giving his WRs a shot at making a play on a contested catch. But most his INTs come trying to force a slant route the defense knows is coming a mile away as he stares it down.

Dude is just flat out, not a playmaker. 

• Like 6

I know it won’t happen, but listening to Romo call the game yesterday and break down the film, man I hope Mayock and Gruden find a way to get him on the staff. 
QB assistant / assistant OC would be incredible... but he wouldn’t make nearly the money. Maybe he just misses the game.

a guy can dream

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I want to know what Tyrell Williams is doing.  Looks like he was trying to jump over the imaginary LOS and 1st down line.  He forgot that he was playing football.  My little ones do this all the time and say the middle part is lava.

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I want to know what Tyrell Williams is doing.  Looks like he was trying to jump over the imaginary LOS and 1st down line.  He forgot that he was playing football.  My little ones do this all the time and say the middle part is lava.

Just jumping over bodies. He suppose to crack back on any dlineman coming that way I guess. But it was nobody there to block. 

This is one of those rare instances where a team lost by 31 and the defense was not to blame. Carr and the refs basically spotted them 21 points and Trevor Davis almost spotted 3-7 more.

It's frustrating that Mahomes had one of his worst games, our run game looked the best it has in awhile and we still lost.

Ted Nguyen brought up the lack of play action to get big plays to Waller. It's a really good point. Could be wrong, but I'm sure if Carr is the best playaction passer. Should still make some attempts. He's also made bad reads on RPOs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

This is one of those rare instances where a team lost by 31 and the defense was not to blame. Carr and the refs basically spotted them 21 points and Trevor Davis almost spotted 3-7 more.

It's frustrating that Mahomes had one of his worst games, our run game looked the best it has in awhile and we still lost.

Ted Nguyen brought up the lack of play action to get big plays to Waller. It's a really good point. Could be wrong, but I'm sure if Carr is the best playaction passer. Should still make some attempts. He's also made bad reads on RPOs.

Agreed.. for whatever reason we have great running game but use playaction less than we should.

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

Agreed.. for whatever reason we have great running game but use playaction less than we should.

Everyone knows Waller is a great player now, so defense scheme against him which is why he hasn’t been having monster games. Defenses don’t have to worry about our wideouts since their starting cbs can handle them 1 on 1. Gruden knew we needed AB badly which is why we tried to make it work so hard after he went crazy. We had no other choice then to move on. Then is desperation moves traded for Davis and Zay Jones to help patch up our pathetic WR unit. 

Edited by Humble_Beast