Week 13 GDT Raiders(6-5) Chiefs(7-4)

agarcia34

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So that's a number of major stinkers in a row. That's very troubling to see. 

He just... Isn't there.  I saw a F'n warrior in 2016. Last year, new everything.  Off year.  This year he looks frigging lost.  There are far less talented QBs doing more with less than what he has to work with.  

Edited by Totty

Carr FOLDS against KC. He knows he can't beat them, so he's defeated before he even takes the field. Rinse, repeat every year. 

That is why I am done with him... Just because you say "mamba mentality" doesn't mean you've got it. He's so mentally soft it's unreal. Throws an INT on the opening drive and you knew it was over. Could tell by looking at him on the bench. 

• Like 6

I think with the success of Minshew in Jax and Kyle Allen (who was the #1 QB out of High School) in Carolina we should be drafting a QB (almost) every single year.  Every once in a while you’ll find a gem.  I think from a pure financial standpoint using rookie wage backups at QB vs retread starters like Glennon (just for example) would save us 1.5 to 3 million dollars a year.  
While I’m not in the dump Carr wagon.  He is currently in the lower tier of QB’s in terms of yearly salary excluding rookie deal QBs, and he will get pushed down that list even more this offseason.  I don’t think any young QB could succeed better in offense.  
Until the day comes that Carr’s gone, we need start using some level of draft capital  to find at least competition for him.  Maybe Mayock can find the next late round QB gem.

To sum up what is wrong with Carr just watch the highlight at the 4 minute mark.  Focus on Moreau.  The throw should not have gone to Carrier.  It was a great throw and catch but there is zero reason for Carr to not see Moreau or not know was not covered.  Carr locks on and lacks vision to see anything else.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/chiefs-vs-raiders-game-highlights-x9790

Edited by drfrey13

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

One argument we can make about Carr is that I'm not sure he elevates guys around him. Waller and Jacobs are our really only talented skill guys aside from maybe Moreau, but I bet they would look better with somebody else.

I've been defending him this year but he has been the common factor for the past six years.

It's a crime Jacobs isn't getting 5-6 catches a game

• Like 4

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

To sum up what is wrong with Carr just watch the highlight at the 4 minute mark.  Focus on Moreau.  The throw should not have gone to Carrier.  It was a great throw and catch but there is zero reason for Carr to not see Moreau or not know was not covered.  Carr locks on and lacks vision to see anything else.

https://www.chiefs.com/video/chiefs-vs-raiders-game-highlights-x9790

Excellent analysis!  Moreau was a much better option there.  Carr didn’t even go thru his reads and realize this, he locked into Carrier and would have stayed locked into him until he was sacked if he didn’t throw that pass which required a great catch.

• Like 1

All i know is, i dont ever want to see Carr as our QB facing the Chiefs again. Im sick of watching it. Same *** song and dance every year when he goes against them, even when they had Alex Smith at QB he was throwing picks left and right to Marcus Peters and company.

Unacceptable to only be able to put up 19 points, with 6 coming in super garbage time in two games against one of the perennially awful defenses in the league. 

• Like 5

One thing that bothers me with Carr is how fast he loses confidence with his teammates. Carr is the reason why Cooper is not here. You can probably even say it happened with Crabtree as well. He lost confidence in him and stopped throwing him the ball. You’re seeing it happen with Tyrell now. To me that’s not a trait I want in my QB. Okay you drop a pass so here’s another one to make up for it. Do these players lose confidence in Carr when they’re open and Carr just checks the ball down in a panic or when he doesn’t see them. Just baffles me how he does that. You don’t see the great ones doing that. 

• Like 2