Week 14 GDT - New Orleans Saints vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

That falcons game is going to be rougher than I thought a few weeks ago, and the Rams have been playing very well the last two weeks. 

Very glad we got that 1 game buffer last night on the Seahawks for those two games. 

Falcons 26th in DVOA heading into week 14. 21st on offense, 26th on defense, and 30th on special teams. And they just lost Trufant.

49ers are at home against a bad dome team in December. I'll be shocked if the 49ers aren't cooking the Dirty Bird for Christmas. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Falcons 26th in DVOA heading into week 14. 21st on offense, 26th on defense, and 30th on special teams. And they just lost Trufant.

49ers are at home against a bad dome team in December. I'll be shocked if the 49ers aren't cooking the Dirty Bird for Christmas. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think the 49ers win. But I don't think that it's the cake walk that I was expecting 4-5 weeks ago. They were atrocious. They have played better, though not great, since the bye, including a game against the Saints that wasn't that close. 

But I don't think that their line will hold up against the pass rush (their line isn't the Saints line), so I think this is the game where the 49ers pass rush gets right again. But I think they will be able to move the ball some. Our offense should have a really good game though and they won't be able to keep up with that. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think the 49ers win. But I don't think that it's the cake walk that I was expecting 4-5 weeks ago. They were atrocious. They have played better, though not great, since the bye, including a game against the Saints that wasn't that close. 

But I don't think that their line will hold up against the pass rush (their line isn't the Saints line), so I think this is the game where the 49ers pass rush gets right again. But I think they will be able to move the ball some. Our offense should have a really good game though and they won't be able to keep up with that. 

Tartt needs to come back though, because Harris ain't cutting it. Maybe he gets more rest though, because it's Atlanta. 

Edited by PapaShogun

12 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

This is a sneaky-good Falcons team and I don't expect them to roll over. I do think we win this one, but they're better than their record.

1 minute ago, N4L said:

They really need to give Moore a look with ward on the field. Harris was a big reason our defense played so poorly 

Yep. Ward can play both safety positions, that's not really a problem. Moore isn't great, but he also didn't embarrass himself in coverage when he started, and if Harris is going to miss every tackle he attempts, then he seriously holds absolutely no advantage over Moore anyway. 

Reading through this after the game can be quite amusing. Some of you are straight up bipolar when commenting here during the game. xD Mood swings galore!

The injuries really are frustrating, but I would never have thought we would win a SHOOTOUT vs the Saints. I thought our D would frustrate them and we would grind out a win while dominating the clock on O. O.o

• Like 1

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

Reading through this after the game can be quite amusing. Some of you are straight up bipolar when commenting here during the game. xD Mood swings galore!

That's legitimately one of my favorite things about these threads because I'm one of those people LOL. I love just riding the roller coaster of emotion. Once game time is off, I'm very carefree and unemotional about football. But for those three hours, I'm an emotional  and mental mess and I kind of love it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. Ward can play both safety positions, that's not really a problem. Moore isn't great, but he also didn't embarrass himself in coverage when he started, and if Harris is going to miss every tackle he attempts, then he seriously holds absolutely no advantage over Moore anyway. 

Completely agree. 

I know draft position is a sunk cost but moore was a very high third round pick. Harris was a 7th rounder. I think sometimes you need to give a guy you drafted with a premium pick a look over a guy who was drafted lower. Granted that is dependent on how they practice etc etc but I have a hard time seeing Harris outplaying Moore by any sort of margin. 

Harris was really bad in Baltimore. Really really bad in Baltimore but everyone only remembered his one splash play and thought he played fine. He didn't. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because the Ravens offense is very deceptive and hard to prepare yourself for, but he was probably worse yesterday so I have zero confidence in him right now. 

I think I would rather bring in an extra LB than have Harris play in the box (even if that player is Elijah lee, who I think is absolutely horrible). I would much much much rather have Moore play coverage, especially deep, than Harris 

I think these last two games have taught us a lot about our depth on the back end of the defense, that is to say we have none. Aziz has had a really rough few games. Greenlaw has a long way to go. Harris might not be worth a roster spot. We need to add LBs and S this off-season. Probably more corners too tbh

• Like 2

So now this is super tricky. For sure a multi-week injury and honestly probably our for the rest of regular season...Which I'm fine with.  We need this man to be healthy for the postseason. If we can get a first round bye, that would be HUGE and give him like five weeks to recover. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So now this is super tricky. For sure a multi-week injury and honestly probably our for the rest of regular season...Which I'm fine with.  We need this man to be healthy for the postseason. If we can get a first round bye, that would be HUGE and give him like five weeks to recover. 

That's brutal. Need him for the postseason, need him to get the bye week. Ugh. Just never ends. 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'd rest Sherman and Ford until week 17. We need both of them for the Seahawks game. Rest for 2 weeks, beat the Seahawks, then rest another week. 

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'd rest Sherman and Ford until week 17. We need both of them for the Seahawks game. Rest for 2 weeks, beat the Seahawks, then rest another week. 

Thats a big risk to take when you need them to secure the bye. If they can play, they are playing. No doubt in my mind with regards to that. Sherman probably won't be able to though with that kind of injury. 

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

That is assuming they will be able to play week 17. They might not be able to. 

Hamstrings are tricky. Shame Ford had to tweak his, especially because it's getting colder and typically that puts more strain on soft tissue injuries.