Week 14 GDT - New Orleans Saints vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Sure suck to lose Richburg but i think of all places it almost is the best case for our team to lose someone on the O-line since the gap between starters and back-ups is smaller and you can really adjust your play calling where on the D every injury basically means a loss in quality besides outside Corner. 

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Sure suck to lose Richburg but i think of all places it almost is the best case for our team to lose someone on the O-line since the gap between starters and back-ups is smaller and you can really adjust your play calling where on the D every injury basically means a loss in quality besides outside Corner. 

yeah we lost all the dudes on the D we can. We can squeeze out ok with no Sherm, maybe, but otherwise, just no please and thank u

Edited by oldman9er
spelling is hard when drunk

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This makes me sad....very sad. 

I think we should sit Ford til the playoffs, Seahawks game possibly if it is the difference between a bye or not. 

Falcons can beat us. Certainly can. But I think next week we let Sherman sit and anyone else who’s borderline. 

• Like 2

Just FYI for those down on our defense. We got down early in the Superdome. About the 6 min mark of the 2nd qtr we gave up 20 pts to Brees the rest of the gm. Defense didn't have the dominate gm we like but they made the plays needed to keep us in the gm until the offense took over. Call it nip picking stats but that's 2.5 qtrs holding that offense in check. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sherm said:

Just FYI for those down on our defense. We got down early in the Superdome. About the 6 min mark of the 2nd qtr we gave up 20 pts to Brees the rest of the gm. Defense didn't have the dominate gm we like but they made the plays needed to keep us in the gm until the offense took over. Call it nip picking stats but that's 2.5 qtrs holding that offense in check. 

200.webp?cid=790b7611dd01f6c216f2ebe90c6

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I think we should sit Ford til the playoffs, Seahawks game possibly if it is the difference between a bye or not. 

Falcons can beat us. Certainly can. But I think next week we let Sherman sit and anyone else who’s borderline. 

Been saying this for weeks now. We need to be healthy for the playoffs. Let the back ups have at it against the Falcons but we absolutely need to have most of our starters be healthy heading into the playoffs. Guys like Sherman should rest next week. Anybody banged up, I wouldn't play them. I know its any given Sunday and the Falcons are playing better ball lately but we have too many walking wounded. With our bye so early in the year, we've played football for like 12 consecutive weeks. Getting guys healthy would be my first priority over securing a bye. I may be in the minority with that line of thinking but I really believe that if healthy, we can anywhere and win, as proven today. I just see the wear and tear adding up us losing key peices where we can't afford to.

47 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Been saying this for weeks now. We need to be healthy for the playoffs. Let the back ups have at it against the Falcons but we absolutely need to have most of our starters be healthy heading into the playoffs. Guys like Sherman should rest next week. Anybody banged up, I wouldn't play them. I know its any given Sunday and the Falcons are playing better ball lately but we have too many walking wounded. With our bye so early in the year, we've played football for like 12 consecutive weeks. Getting guys healthy would be my first priority over securing a bye. I may be in the minority with that line of thinking but I really believe that if healthy, we can anywhere and win, as proven today. I just see the wear and tear adding up us losing key peices where we can't afford to.

%100 Dee Ford shoulder sit out until the playoffs and Sherman should sit the next 2 games. Moore should start in place if Tartt and give Tartt another 2 weeks to rest. 

When Kittle/Deebo/Sanders play, I don't think one defense has limited us. I mean the Ravens did but the conditions were terrible and we couldn't really get the pass game going, likewise for them. But still, we were moving the ball fairly easy for a while. This offense is playing top 5 level at the moment. If the defense cleans it up and gets healthier and back to their dominating ways, this can be 2012 all over again but this time a defense that is actually elite, unlike that defense that fell apart due to the Smith bro injuries. Jimmy dropped back like 40 times today and Jordan was never really even close to him at all? Speaks volumes of how well McGlinchey played. Let's see how we overcome Richburg's injury, but any chance we can slide Brunskill inside? I know he can play some guard? Or do we just stick with Garland? I mean he sure didn't play bad today but I'm trying to find a way to get our best five OL on the field.