Week 14 GDT - New Orleans Saints vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Yes, the losses of Kwon A, Tarrt, busted up Sherman, and a broke down Ford are no easy dismissals.

I'm not nor have ever been a big fan of the bend don't break soft cushion D scheme. 

I understood it, when our best edge guy was Marsh... but c'mon.. we have gotten better with Bosa and AA improving. Time to grow a pair and tighten it up, imho.

The thing is we adjusted that in the 2nd half and still got beat at times. One time it was our best against their best and Thomas just beat Spoon. Can't do anything about that. But Spoon dropping that INT and Sherman's ticky tack call was pretty huge. The team needs to clean it up against the top teams in the league. Still learning so have to expect that. 

On to the next one......

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 10:40 PM, N4L said:

Thomas is far from a system WR lol buuut we actually have three corners that match up just fine with Thomas. Sherman probably won't play this week so it will probably be just the two - ahkelo Witherspoon and Emmanuel Mosely. Learn their names they are gonna be around for a while. #23 and #41 respectively. 

They both have the length and speed to make Mike's day hard. Really good all around corners who are well coached and disciplined. They've been a huge reason why we are holding teams to 134 yards passing per game. 134! Nuts.

Agreed about Brees. He's going to get crushed and he knows it. Our pass rush has stolen the soul of every QB we've played who isn't amazingly mobile. Get ready, here we come 

I expect a lot of screens and bubble screens, and quick passes. That's fine, we have a super athletic DL and we tackle well. I bet we get a tipped pass or two 

He's too short to see over our DL lol we have two guys who are 6'7 or taller (Arik Armstead and DEFOREST BUCKNER) It's unfortunate that jullian Taylor is out because it would have been funny to put all three guys on the field at the same time and just try and tip the ball into the air instead of rushing. 

I expect Bosa to get a ton of attention with RBs and TEs. Fine. Nothing he hasn't seen before and won't see again. 

I expect Sean Payton to use some trickery this game. I actually think he will have 2-3 gadget type plays that he uses to try and steal the game while simultaneously making us do a ton of extra prep work next time we play. 

Seems like they are likely going to get a bye along with the winner of the NFCW, so chances are we will play them again. 

WE DAT

Good game. I think Payton lost that game for the Saints. That going for 2 early came back to haunt. Fake punt on 4th and 18? Cutsey play on 3rd and 1....ahh well.

Still, #cantguardmike 😉

On 12/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, NinerNation21 said:

I think our d-line feasts this weekend to the tune of 4-6 sacks and maybe a fumble or two. I think we make it very hard for Brees to hit any deep passes or to get a rhythm going.

There will be no feasting sir. Bosa is a freakin animal though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

Still, #cantguardmike 😉

There will be no feasting sir. Bosa is a freakin animal though.

Yea Payton made mince-meat out of our D...

I dont know if it was because Tartt was missing or what, but we haven't had that many breakdowns in coverage in ALL our games combined this season.

I don't think we sacked Brees once...that's incredible if true. Perfect game plan by Payton, I give him ultimate props.

But it infuriated me to see yet another DC refuse to adjust and not let Michael Thomas beat them....as he nearly did. Just fortunate we ended up with the ball last...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

BTW Jimmy has 25 passing TDs now. Best mark since since 2001 when Jeff Garcia had 32. Haha, sad. 

To expand...

Really sad it's taken this long to find another guy that could be a quality passer. Anyway, three games to go. I don't think he'll break the franchise record for passing yards (set by Garcia in 2000 with 4,278), but he might get to 4000 this year. Jimmy has 3,245 passing yards with three games to go. Should get to at least 30 TDs. 

Also, apparently he leads the NFL in touchdown passes since the 49ers traded for Sanders. Not sure if that holds after the rest of Sunday's action. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1