Week 14 GDT - New Orleans Saints vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Perfectly legal 

Was a bad playcall. I think Kyle had something else called (we weren't in shotgun the first time around) but harbaugh called timeout iirc. Kyle over thought it for sure and it's fair to say that was the difference in the game. 

I'm starting to think about the saints running the option with taysom hill and I'm starting to get a little worried about it lol they are gonna pull some crazy **** out of their *** against us. We have dominated QBs who don't move that well but have had issues with running qbs 

Also their DL is pretty scary. Cam Jordan is going to give our Ts a lot of trouble. Davenport is an absolute freak of nature and could absolutely have a clowney type game against us. Sheldon Rankins tore his Achilles last year but he was certainly on the level of Buckner/cox/Jones level on the inside last year prior to his injury. That's a really tough group. Their lbs are out so if we can figure out how to get the ball to our playmakers behind their dl we could have some chunk plays 

So this didn't happen on the play? Seems like at best Mustard got hit in the back while the ball is simultaneously released. At worst, the hit in the back occurred early before the ball was thrown.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2019-nfl-rulebook/#section-4-legal-and-illegal-contact-with-eligible-receivers

ARTICLE 2. ILLEGAL CONTACT WITHIN FIVE YARDS

Within the five-yard zone, if the player who receives the snap remains in the pocket with the ball, a defender may not make original contact in the back of a receiver, nor may he maintain contact after the receiver has moved beyond a point that is even with the defender.

Edited by PapaShogun

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I'm starting to think about the saints running the option with taysom hill and I'm starting to get a little worried about it lol they are gonna pull some crazy **** out of their *** against us. We have dominated QBs who don't move that well but have had issues with running qbs 

Had not really thought about it, tbh. I can see them going with several of these to test us.

5 hours ago, N4L said:

BOTTOM LINE is that I trust our team. I trust our coaches, I trust our players.

Contradicting thoughts, but I get it. 

There's an article from the Athletic where Warner was talking about them not needing much practice after just playing the Ravens. Yeah, we are going to have to hope that those LBs learned some hard lessons.

I think the arrogance of Payton comes out often in this one.. and he pulls out lots of razzle dazzle bells and whistle plays. The questions are, what will Shanny do.. meat and potato attack, or his own razzle dazzle? and what's the best approach? 

I went into September with a 0.3% stress rate for the games. I wish I could say that still holds true.. :/ 

So Armstead is a go for NO. The Saints stud bookends against our edge rushers is going to be a nice battle all game long. 

No Pettis or Goodwin, so only four WRs. Which I mean I guess is fine as long as we don't suffer any injuries today at that position (knock on wood). 

Thomas is often times lined up on the left side and in the slot so he will see Ahkello plenty as well as Williams. My question is do we slide Ahkello in the slot at times to match up with Thomas or just let Williams handle him?