Browns Playoff Chances

braylon

On 12/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, candyman93 said:

Here’s how we get in:

Win out.

Tennessee sweeps Houston.

Pittsburgh loses to Buffalo and Baltimore. 

We would theoretically have the tiebreaker against HOU, but obviously not against TEN.. So I'm certainly rooting for TEN. 

It is impossible for our playoffs hopes to be eliminated this week unless of course, we lose. One of PIT and BUF is guaranteed to lose, same goes for TEN and HOU.

On 12/14/2019 at 9:17 AM, candyman93 said:

Would really like a Buffalo win over Pitt. I don’t see Pitt beating Baltimore when they’re trying to lock up home field advantage week 17 (if we beat them).

If it were to happen that would be two straight brutal ends to a season in a row for the Steelers. I like it.

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, they played the whole season without Ben and may end up with a better record than us.

That’s not all that brutal of an ending imo.

As far as making the playoffs it would be. Sure there is no chance they would do anything if they got in but a year ago they were watching us lose to the Ravens while still on the field and missing out and if they lost to the Ravens to eliminate themselves to end their season this year that would be pretty tough.

The season itself was successful thanks to turnovers by the defense otherwise they are probably a 3 or 4 win team just the heartbreak at the end in back to back seasons would be funny from my perspective, especially if it came down the us getting in because they lost to the Ravens in week 17.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The players have given up hope. Best for us to do the same.

Next week will decide if I give up. Just ignoring the Browns:

Colts can beat the Panthers and Jags.

Tennessee could easily lose to the Saints and Texans.

Steelers could lose to the Ravens.... and our nail in the coffin is they play the sorry ars Jets.

Edited by candyman93

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We are technically not eliminated yet. We need the Titans and Steelers to lose out.

Need the Colts to finish 8-8 as well.

It’s so depressing when you consider these big games down the stretch that we crapped the bed for (den, pit 2.0, and ari). This team does not deserve to be in the playoffs. Hopefully they respond next season and come back hungry and pissed, but we’ve all seen this story before. 5-11 next year, bye bye baker, draft a new qb in 2021, rinse and repeat. Goddamn i hate that i love this franchise...