GDT: Week whatever

LETSGOBROWNIES

Who wins?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Sunday?

• Browns
    • Bungles (did ya see what I did there? hardy har har)
    • Carp
    • Horny
    • Kiwi
    • Any other Australian
    • People with plans on Sunday

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

Sure, but the Bengals are never going to trade back up into the first.  It's just not something they were ever even consider doing.  They trade down, that's it.

A more likely scenario is that they'd trade down with Miami to get two firsts, take Tua or Herbert and another position later in the first.  I'd be ok with that.

I'd summarize it real simply as this: i'm ok with whatever scenario involves the Bengals taking a QB in this draft, as the starter. 

I'm not ok with any scenario that involves them taking a depth guy this year, or waiting until next year to take a QB.  I can't sign up for another year of crap-tastic play, without a promise that they'll be in position to take a QB.

I guess I should have rephrased it to where I said:

"Any scenario where you acquire both Chase Young AND Tua/Herbert/Burrow", ala:

1. Trade #1 to Miami for a LOAD of picks...multiple first this year and potentially next,

THEN

Draft Chase Young (#2 overall)

THEN

...still get Tua/Herbert in the first.

Let Dalton play all of 2020 while Tua gets healthy...

THEN

Start fresh in 2021, probably after another poor 2020 season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I guess I should have rephrased it to where I said:

"Any scenario where you acquire both Chase Young AND Tua/Herbert/Burrow", ala:

1. Trade #1 to Miami for a LOAD of picks...multiple first this year and potentially next,

THEN

Draft Chase Young (#2 overall)

THEN

...still get Tua/Herbert in the first.

Let Dalton play all of 2020 while Tua gets healthy...

THEN

Start fresh in 2021, probably after another poor 2020 season.

What would probably happen is that the Bengals would take Chase, then someone would jump them and take the QB they want before their next pick.

Honestly i'd rather they not mess around with it.  Just take the guy if they're convinced he's special.

But, if it actually worked out that way, then yeah that's fine.

With the playoffs out, all we can hope for now is:

1.) Baker and Impact Players remain healthy

2.) That Ryan Lindley keeps clashing with players like Jarvis Landry on the sideline so the Haslam's feel like he has to go.

3.) We perform well enough to gain confidence but somehow lose out so our pick gets as close to top 12 as possible so we can draft a true high quality OLineman. Losing is the path to Andrew Thomas, LT; Jedrick Wills, OT; Tristan Wirfs, OG; or AJ Epenesa, DE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

With the playoffs out, all we can hope for now is:

1.) Baker and Impact Players remain healthy

2.) That Ryan Lindley keeps clashing with players like Jarvis Landry on the sideline so the Haslam's feel like he has to go.

3.) We perform well enough to gain confidence but somehow lose out so our pick gets as close to top 12 as possible so we can draft a true high quality OLineman. Losing is the path to Andrew Thomas, LT; Jedrick Wills, OT; Tristan Wirfs, OG; or AJ Epenesa, DE.

Haven’t you seen enough losing already?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Haven’t you seen enough losing already?

Of course.

What's 3 or 4 more losses at this point though if those losses help protect Baker at a high-level for 10 years.

Without those losses, it's just my belief that the high level immediate start OLineman will be off the board leaving us to turn to lesser talents or having to rely on Free Agency to help Baker (True high impact OLineman don't usually make it to free agency; this year there are a few but they will break the bank).

17 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Of course.

What's 3 or 4 more losses at this point though if those losses help protect Baker at a high-level for 10 years.

Without those losses, it's just my belief that the high level immediate start OLineman will be off the board leaving us to turn to lesser talents or having to rely on Free Agency to help Baker (True high impact OLineman don't usually make it to free agency; this year there are a few but they will break the bank).

Im sick of sucking.

55 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Im sick of sucking.

Are you more sick of the Offensive Line sucking or Losing a handful of more games?

Would you rather continue sucking through 3 or 4 more games or continuing to suck next year because our OLine still stinks?

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If having high picks mattered we’d have an epic dynasty by now.

Just win iyam.

In general, yeah... the point that at some point we should be burned out from sucking forever and should just win is a valid one; however, losing/winning doesn't happen in a vacuum. It could mean having one of the most key generational impact talent positions filled (LT/RT) versus not.

We're literally talking about 4 games here. I doubt we'll all fall to pieces if we lose 3 more games in the service of more sustained winning in the future via the opportunity to get high quality offensive lineman.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Of course.

We really just need okay/good offensive linemen. Great ones would be awesome but the most important thing is to replace the turnstiles.

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Are you more sick of the Offensive Line sucking or Losing a handful of more games?

Would you rather continue sucking through 3 or 4 more games or continuing to suck next year because our OLine still stinks?

Im happy with robinson at lt, we need a new right side and im sure we can find a rg with either mccray, forbes or someone else. 

We should be able to find a rt somewhere in the 15-20 range in the draft. 

I guess i dont want the team to fall a part under heavy losing, id like obj to be relatively comfortable goong into next year. Next year is our best shot really, we will lose hunt after that, landry and obj will be starting to decline probably true with bit and tretter

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

In general, yeah... the point that at some point we should be burned out from sucking forever and should just win is a valid one; however, losing/winning doesn't happen in a vacuum. It could mean having one of the most key generational impact talent positions filled (LT/RT) versus not.

We're literally talking about 4 games here. I doubt we'll all fall to pieces if we lose 3 more games in the service of more sustained winning in the future via the opportunity to get high quality offensive lineman.

Good lineman can be found mid round 1. Or day 2.  Or day 3.

I mean, some teams can anyway, not sure about Dorsey. He can’t identify OL for ish.

• Like 2