Fox’s nine years in Carolina vs Rivera’s nine years in Carolina

patriotsheatyan

Fox (Carolina) vs Rivera  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Fox (Carolina) vs Rivera

• Fox
    • Rivera

Both had similar strengths and weaknesses.  Fox’s defenses were more consistent, Rivera was more willing to make necessary personnel changes, both were bad with making adjustments.  If talent level is the same I’d say I prefer Rivera.  

Those mid to late 00s Panthers teams were so good.  If you go back and look at that 09 team, they were excellent top to bottom outside of QB.  Had Fox made the change when it was obvious to everyone it needed to be made, we probably could have gotten into the playoffs.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Both had similar strengths and weaknesses.  Fox’s defenses were more consistent, Rivera was more willing to make necessary personnel changes, both were bad with making adjustments.  If talent level is the same I’d say I prefer Rivera.  

Those mid to late 00s Panthers teams were so good.  If you go back and look at that 09 team, they were excellent top to bottom outside of QB.  Had Fox made the change when it was obvious to everyone it needed to be made, we probably could have gotten into the playoffs.  

Yep, I wanted Matt Moore to play so bad. 

Fox years in Carolina were pretty good tbh. I mean Delhomme wasn’t bad but with a better QB they probably win a SB. They were right there with the Rans, Eagles, Bucs, Colts, Steelers, and Pats a lot of years. 

I’ll take Rivera though. Solid nine years and some great defenses and 2015 was probably the best Panther team ever. 

• Like 1

I would say Rivera. Fox's career was propped-up by a fluky 2003 season that started when he had Rodney Peete playing over Delhomme in Week 1 (Jake had to come in and bail the team out):

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=230907029

They also were buoyed by three OT wins that year, including a Week 2 win against Tampa where the Panthers had to block an extra point to get the game to OT.

Take that 2003 season away, and Fox probably doesn't last too long in Carolina.

On a Bronco fan forum I am on, this one fan told him that his dad (a Panther fan) congratulated his team for replacing the worst coach (McDaniels) in the NFL with the second-worst coach (Fox).

Edited by 7DnBrnc53