3rivers

On 12/17/2019 at 12:09 PM, Split the Sticks said:

If somebody asked me what the automatics on this list were before I saw it,

1. Jim Brown
2. Lawrence Taylor
3. Randy Moss
4. Jerry Rice
5. Tom Brady 
and yes, John Hog Hannah, Olineman. (here's there, too) 

Jim Brown and Randy Moss I agree with.  

Brown is in at least the top 3 players of all time, and Moss's natural talent as the receiver position was superhuman.  

Lawrence Taylor was another natural talent.  No argument there.  

Jerry Rice is just about the most overrated player of all time.  

He was still very good, but not as great as the record books want you to believe.  Him and Emmitt Smith are two of a kind.  

Brady's criminally overrated too.  Played the majority of his career with an offensive line that gave him one of the lowest sacked percentages ever.  

6 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Jim Brown and Randy Moss I agree with.  

Brown is in at least the top 3 players of all time, and Moss's natural talent as the receiver position was superhuman.  

Lawrence Taylor was another natural talent.  No argument there.  

Jerry Rice is just about the most overrated player of all time.  

He was still very good, but not as great as the record books want you to believe.  Him and Emmitt Smith are two of a kind.  

Brady's criminally overrated too.  Played the majority of his career with an offensive line that gave him one of the lowest sacked percentages ever.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

giphy.gif

Yeah, I'd like to see Tom Brady play with Roethlisberger's O-line for 10 years, and tell me if he would have been even remotely as good on the field.  

The dude is literally incapable of playing anywhere outside of the pocket.  

Nobody likes that kind of QB.  

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

giphy.gif

Ignore that one. He comes in with a flurry of posts with super hot takes like he wants to get famous

I hate hot takes for hot takes sake. Him and vanS just say a bunch of stuff and then never use any new information to change their opinions 

And as I'm typing this ... Yep, another dumb hot take! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

Ignore that one. He comes in with a flurry of posts with super hot takes like he wants to get famous

I hate hot takes for hot takes sake. Him and vanS just say a bunch of stuff and then never use any new information to change their opinions 

And as I'm typing this ... Yep, another dumb hot take! 

Have you ever seen Cris Carter's assessment of Roethlisberger vs Brady?  

Yeah, that's why he's an analyst on television and you're not.  

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Cris Carter is on television. That makes him right. Because logic.

Dude just got fired too lol.

He was still right about Roethlisberger having more talent than Brady.  

There's actually quite a few QBs that have more talent than him (obviously Rodgers).  

9 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

He was still right about Roethlisberger having more talent than Brady.  

There's actually quite a few QBs that have more talent than him (obviously Rodgers).  

Cool. Having more talent doesn't necessarily make you a better football player. Tom has clearly had the better career.

Edited by PapaShogun

15 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Cool. Having more talent doesn't necessarily make you a better football player. Tom has clearly had the better career.

Not true.  

Brady had the better career primarily because of the players around him.  

That's more of a privilege on Brady's part than actually being the best quarterback in the league (or of all time for that matter).  

Terrell Owens probably the most disrespected player in NFL history... there is no logical way in the history of the world u can justify 10 receivers over him nor can u justify him not being a first ballot hall of famer... The NFL is a joke when it comes to the favoritism they show to certain players historically... 10 receivers better than TO... that’s just ridiculous... throw away the whole list 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

Tom Brady the overrated  lol. Sure. 

The first three super bowls he won, 2001, 2003, 2004, he never had ONE player from offense named to the pro bowl  *

Talk to me about the talent that surrounds him :)

* there were two that made it as alternates due to injury (WR Troy Brown, RB Corey Dillon)

how many Pro Bowlers did he have on average on offense next to him? Like 1-2 per year. Not like he played on Allstar teams. I bet you Big Ben had more on average next to him.