NFL 100 team

3rivers

19 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Upon further thinking, Brady and Brees are the only current QBs that made the finalist list. However, I was wondering who among the other current QBs should have potentially at least been named a finalist. 

Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, and I think Matt Ryan are the only others that would have a chance. They are all at the bookend of their careers with their story largely completed. Ryan and Roethlisberger I think have the biggest case, and I think both will be in the HOF. Eli Manning has the two Super Bowls, but I feel like his play for most of his career has had the shooting start effect. Rivers is funny to me, because I feel like he's had the better career than Fouts has had, but he may not make the HOF. 

Roethlisberger will be in the Hall of Fame for sure.  Eli is a postseason folk hero who definitely deserves to be there.  

Matt Ryan probably won't be.  He had one great season. He's the true definition of a one year wonder.  

Rivers is definitely better than Fouts was (who shouldn't even be in the HoF), but Rivers has had an average career.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

If the objective is to represent all eras best as possible, I think Peyton and Brady are the only two you can take from this era.

I was thinking about that too. Spreading the love across each era is the only reason why Brees might not make the cut. Brees, at least in terms of accomplishments is probably considered 3rd behind Brady, and Peyton. Some might put him 4th behind Rodgers due to the MVP. Personally, I had him on my ten from the list up top. There will be a massive outcry if he's not on the list. Especially since he has essentially all major passing records under his belt. 

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I was thinking about that too. Spreading the love across each era is the only reason why Brees might not make the cut. Brees, at least in terms of accomplishments is probably considered 3rd behind Brady, and Peyton. Some might put him 4th behind Rodgers due to the MVP. Personally, I had him on my ten from the list up top. There will be a massive outcry if he's not on the list. Especially since he has essentially all major passing records under his belt. 

I think he's firmly top ten, I just don't know if the objective is to include the top ten, or the ten that best represents the 100 years.  If it's the latter, I don't think he makes it.

14 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Marvin was considered a volume dude who was bolstered by playing with Manning. 

Conversely, he was sharing targets and touches with Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Brandon Stokley and Edgerrin James. Each one of these guys needed their looks/touches, but Harrison was the first on deck.

31 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

There's a lot of factors that go into determining the greatest QB of all time, but you can't even place a guy like Brady into the discussion when he has been proven with evidence to cheat in a football game.  

Oh lord, I'm not getting into that.

What I will say is that he is one of the most accomplished football players of all time (the most accomplished QB of all time?) If that somehow doesn't equal greatness, I don't know what does.

Edited by lolsurebro

14 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Oh lord, I'm not getting into that.

Of course you won't get into that.  

Terry Bradshaw's four rings that he won fairly said that you won't get into it either. 

Don Shula's perfect season also says you won't get into it either.  

Yep, I rest my case.  

Edited by RamblinMan99

5 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Of course you won't get into that.  

Terry Bradshaw's four rings that he won fairly said that you won't get into it either. 

Don Shula's perfect season also says you won't get into it either.  

Yep, I rest my case.  

I won't get into it because you are echoing the cry of every Brady hater there has ever been. Which leads me to conclude you aren't talking about Brady for the sake of discussion; You're just crying and trying not to look shook.

Here's some food for thought... Brady is the most accomplished QB of all time and your opinion is yours to have, but it doesn't change history. 

Judging by the quality of your other posts I've seen elsewhere on this forum, you seem very troll-y and like you're trying to rile people up. So I'll leave it at that and move on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Letsch80 said:

Football did exist before you were born you know.. Gino Marchetti was twice the player Kevin Greene was!!

AGAINT WHO?! jesus. Level of competition matters. I know people can't wrap their brains around comparing generations, but it can be done. It's easy to see the difference between 6'2 260lb OT and today's players, but people don't want to discredit the past. I have no issue with saying something as is obvious as that.

5 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

I won't get into it because you are echoing the cry of every Brady hater there has ever been. Which leads me to conclude you aren't talking about Brady for the sake of discussion; You're just crying and trying not to look shook.

Here's some food for thought... Brady is the most accomplished QB of all time and your opinion is yours to have, but it doesn't change history. 

Judging by the quality of your other posts I've seen elsewhere on this forum, you seem very troll-y and like you're trying to rile people up. So I'll leave it at that and move on.

Dude, nobody likes a cheater.  

I don't know how he's even qualified for the Hall of Fame.  

Brady did something that was terrible, and the league will hold him in contempt for that.  No, that's not "my opinion."  That is a cold hard fact, and I'd be ashamed to support such a quarterback.  

This guy simply doesn't know what it means to take a loss.  He'll go to the ends of the earth to win a football game, even if it means taking illegal measures.  

"Most accomplished??"  Oh, are you referring to how he just slipped into the Pro Bowl every year because other QBs were either hurt or didn't want to play in it? 

The NFL will continue to give him such accolades because it's good for ratings, and they know the only people on the planet who like him live in Boston.  

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Dude, Brady can't run to save his life.  

You have to be able to get out of the pocket when pressure mounts.  

I don't know which football games you were watching, because Brady has no pocket movement at all.  Then he gets upset whenever he gets sacked and blames everybody else. 

He solely depends on getting the football off as early as he can.  

Every QB has to be able to read the defense before the play.  That's like the standard rule of thumb for pro quarterbacks. You're making it look like Brady's the only guy who does that.  

And, QB sneaks lean more on the offensive line, not on the QB.  

He wouldn't have been in the postseason as much as he was if it weren't for guys like Randy Moss or Rob Gronkowski.  

At the end of the day, Brady's just not that great. 

1. Okay that's great, running isn't everything. 

2. That's funny most people would rank the 3 best QB's as Brady, Montana, Manning. 2 of them never could run and 1 was at best kinda okay at it. They also combine for 12 SB's out of 53. How many scrambling QB's have multiple rings. Clearly not something you have to be able to do. 

3. Brady is routinely hailed as having amongst the best in pocket movement of any QB ever. Scrambling and pocket movement are two different things. I can't believe someone posting on this site doesn't know that. 

4. Really you think that's all he depends on? Jesus. 

5. And Brady is one of the best at it and experts say that. Every QB can do most things it depends on if they do them well. Again logic knocking on your door. 

6. Brady has always been good at QB sneaks regardless of his line quality. This year he's had a bad line and he still does it. Are you sure you know what you are taking about?

7. Brady went to the post season(including this year where he is locked in) 8 times without either Moss or Gronk). He won 4 of his 6 Super Bowls without Moss or Gronk. Of the two he won with them, one was in Gronk's last year where he was a shell of himself. So again lol at you. 

At the end of the day, you just aren't great at understanding football

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Dude, nobody likes a cheater.  

I don't know how he's even qualified for the Hall of Fame.  

Brady did something that was terrible, and the league will hold him in contempt for that.  No, that's not "my opinion."  That is a cold hard fact, and I'd be ashamed to support such a quarterback.  

This guy simply doesn't know what it means to take a loss.  He'll go to the ends of the earth to win a football game, even if it means taking illegal measures.  

"Most accomplished??"  Oh, are you referring to how he just slipped into the Pro Bowl every year because other QBs were either hurt or didn't want to play in it? 

The NFL will continue to give him such accolades because it's good for ratings, and they know the only people on the planet who like him live in Boston.  

It's a cold hard fact yet when the NFL was asked in court if they had direct evdience against Brady they told the judge that they didn't. But it's a cold hard fact. 

So you are liar too?

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

1. Okay that's great, running isn't everything. 

2. That's funny most people would rank the 3 best QB's as Brady, Montana, Manning. 2 of them never could run and 1 was at best kinda okay at it. They also combine for 12 SB's out of 53. How many scrambling QB's have multiple rings. Clearly not something you have to be able to do. 

Funny you say that because Brady and Manning specifically have been shielded by Pro Bowl offensive lineman throughout their entire careers.  Guys like Roethlisberger had to get busted up almost his whole career and still went to three Super Bowls.  

8 minutes ago, lancerman said:

3. Brady is routinely hailed as having amongst the best in pocket movement of any QB ever. Scrambling and pocket movement are two different things. I can't believe someone posting on this site doesn't know that. 

Hailed by who??  Nobody even mentioned scrambling.  Brady is literally afraid to get sacked by anybody on the defense.  Hence, why he gets rid of the football so quickly.  He could never play in the NFL in the retro decades.  

18 minutes ago, lancerman said:

10 minutes ago, lancerman said:

5. And Brady is one of the best at it and experts say that. Every QB can do most things it depends on if they do them well. Again logic knocking on your door. 

Again, who are these "experts" who tell you such nonsense?  

11 minutes ago, lancerman said:

6. Brady has always been good at QB sneaks regardless of his line quality. This year he's had a bad line and he still does it. Are you sure you know what you are taking about?

Offensive line is still the largest contributor to a successful QB sneak.  New England's O-line is still better than most teams out there.  They have allowed 26 sacks on Brady, which is actually a career average for him.  

19 minutes ago, lancerman said:

7. Brady went to the post season(including this year where he is locked in) 8 times without either Moss or Gronk). He won 4 of his 6 Super Bowls without Moss or Gronk. Of the two he won with them, one was in Gronk's last year where he was a shell of himself. So again lol at you. 

Again, you're talking like Moss and Gronkowski were the only two great weapons that Brady ever had.  

Not true.  

Every year Brady has been in the league, he's had at least one AAA receiver, whether it's Wes Welker or Julian Edelman and even Antonio Brown for a short time there.  

3 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Funny you say that because Brady and Manning specifically have been shielded by Pro Bowl offensive lineman throughout their entire careers.  Guys like Roethlisberger had to get busted up almost his whole career and still went to three Super Bowls.  

Hailed by who??  Nobody even mentioned scrambling.  Brady is literally afraid to get sacked by anybody on the defense.  Hence, why he gets rid of the football so quickly.  He could never play in the NFL in the retro decades.  

Again, who are these "experts" who tell you such nonsense?  

Offensive line is still the largest contributor to a successful QB sneak.  New England's O-line is still better than most teams out there.  They have allowed 26 sacks on Brady, which is actually a career average for him.  

Again, you're talking like Moss and Gronkowski were the only two great weapons that Brady ever had.  

Not true.  

Every year Brady has been in the league, he's had at least one AAA receiver, whether it's Wes Welker or Julian Edelman and even Antonio Brown for a short time there.  

First off, formatting.... 

Second off wtf

26 minutes ago, lancerman said:

It's a cold hard fact yet when the NFL was asked in court if they had direct evdience against Brady they told the judge that they didn't. But it's a cold hard fact. 

So you are liar too?

When they reinstated Brady's 4 game suspension, the court stated that there was clear cut evidence of ball tampering prior to the game by Brady.  

It really happened.  You can try to fabricate anything you want.