NFL 100 team

3rivers

16 hours ago, SBLIII said:

how many Pro Bowlers did he have on average on offense next to him? Like 1-2 per year. Not like he played on Allstar teams. I bet you Big Ben had more on average next to him.

He had Matt Light blocking his blindside for over a decade.  That has to account for something.  One of the best offensive tackles of his time.

Deion Branch might have not have been in a Pro Bowl, but he was Super Bowl MVP. 

LaGarrette Blount led the league in TDs back in 2016.  Speaking of RBs, Dion Lewis had the same kind of performance.  

New England had a lot of All Pro-esque players on the offensive side of the football that they just decided to dispense after a year or two.  

But, then there were also real wideout talents that stayed around longer like Wes Welker and Danny Amendola.  

These guys didn't have to go to Pro Bowls.  The Pro Bowl is really misleading, because a lot of guys are selected either by a starter getting injured  if one of the starters decides not to play in it.  

Honestly, taking all of that into account as well as all the future Hall of Famers New England has on the defensive side of the football, this was far from being just Tom Brady's career.  

Even looking at last year's Super Bowl,  Brady was absolutely terrible in that football game.  

He deserved to lose, but Belichick ran the clock down to win the game.  

Brady deniers are truly special people.

Deion Branch was no one. Brady rifled awesome passes to Branch all day in that Super Bowl. All Branch had to do was not drop them and run.

• Branch has as many 1000 yard receiving seasons in his career as Baby Yoda
  • He has as many 7+ receiving TD seasons as Hingle McCringleberry.

Brady would be 6-3 in Super Bowls if he switched teams with the other QB before the start of every SB he played in. He is that good.

He is a better passer than Brees in every environment  (Brees is aided by the dome like all QBs are aided by perfect conditions)

Brady has 4 more playoff passing TDs than Rodgers and Brees. Not each... COMBINED.

Deion Lewis has 20 TDs in his entire professional career. He is about the 25,000th best player while Brady is 1st.

• Lewis had 19 touches combined in 2 of the 9 Super Bowls Brady played in.

Blount ran for 70 yards for the Patriots in Super Bowls at 2.8 yards per carry with no TDs and 1 huge fumble.

• He also ran for 91 yards against them at 6.4 per pop with a TD.  Are you selling that he was some kind of easy button for Brady?

Amendola has as many 700+ yard or 5+ TD receiving seasons as Michelle Obama. At no point in his career was he a top 50 wideout.

Can you tell us how Kevin Faulk was the real talent behind Brady's early success. I need to know more!

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

Look, I'm a big Fitzgerald fan, he's from my home state.

But Fitz over TO? No.

This is so simple. Its the All Time TEAM and Owens is one of the 10 worst teammates in NFL history.

If it makes you feel better then pretend he finished 11th... or that he was 5th and protested by not showing up.

Turds don't get honors.

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

This is so simple. Its the All Time TEAM and Owens is one of the 10 worst teammates in NFL history.

If it makes you feel better then pretend he finished 11th... or that he was 5th and protested by not showing up.

Turds don't get honors.

OJ made the list though so...

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, RamblinMan99 said:

He was still right about Roethlisberger having more talent than Brady.  

There's actually quite a few QBs that have more talent than him (obviously Rodgers).  

At what? People always say this but there is more than scrambling and deep ball accuracy to being a QB (the only two things I really give Rodgers over Brady). 

Brady is probably the best post snap read ever, he's probably barely behind Manning for pre snap read, he has the most dangerous and high velocity short and intermediate passes ever, his pocket movement and awareness is arguably the best we've ever seen from a QB, he's probably the best ever at the QB sneak.When he does throw the deep ball he can hit guys like Moss or Gronk who aren't liabilities pinpoint as well, but I will grant others do it more frequently to be given the nod. So what is it? Running and scrambling and throwing off balance?

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

OJ made the list though so...

OJ and LT. The reality is they weren't going to leave a lot of the guys on it off. 

There's only 6 first ballot WR's. Berry, Alworth, Warfield, Largent, Rice and Moss. Pretty much any one of them retired with more records and accolades than TO. Right now TO is top 3 all time but he's well behind Rice and stats are inflated for WR's so you really can't compare him to most guys pre Rice based off stats alone. The other no brainer was Hutson. He is the forefather of the WR, shattered the records in his day and pretty much owned them the entire pre Super Bowl era before many rules changes. You can't even have the list without Hutson. You remove him it's like keeping Jim Brown off. 

So right there you have 7 of the 10. 

Hirsch, Fitzgerald and Harrison are the only three you consider swapping TO with. 

Of those 3 Fitz already passed TO in receptions by alot, he's 2000 ahead of TO in yards, 

Then you have Harrison. Same amount of All Pros at 8, TO has more First Teams in that split though. Until about a day ago he had the record for single season receptions. He was selected ahead of TO on the 2000's All Decade Team, he led the league in receptions and yards while TO didn't. All time he leads TO in receptions. He's top 10 All time in single season receiving yards. He also shows up on that list one more time before you get to TO's best season. TO's ahead in TD's but Harrison is still top 5 all time. Likewise in a shorter career he's only 1000 yards behind TO all time. It's basically a toss up at best and Harrison has a ring and was part of some of the most prolific offenses ever and the arguably the best offensive team of the 2000's. 

So now you have Elroy Hirsch who is a totally different era. He set the record for receiving yards with 1495. TO never hit that mark in a single season.... oh and Hirsch did it in a 12 game season unlike TO who had a whole career of 16 game seasons to pull it off. He set the record for receiving yards per game. He's still top 3 in that. He's still tied for top 5 in single season receiving TD's despite again playing shorter seasons than most guys. So I really don't know how you swap a guy who did that much out in an era where it was harder to be a receiver and put up those numbers. It's absurd. 

So really maybe you swap him for Fitz or Harrison but they both have arguments. 

Just another point for Fitz. Being the best player in the world matters.

No one was close to Fitzgerald in that 2008 playoffs.

• 30 catches 541 yards and 7 TDs in that playoff run.
    • For comparison, Peyton Manning threw 5 combined TDs in his 2 Super Bowl runs.

Not only that, he also would have made the play that won the Super Bowl if Antrel Rolle did not block him by hanging out on the sideline.

He averages over 100 yards and a TD in the playoffs.

I would take Fitz over Owens on any team.

Harrison was a miserable human who was antisocial or angry or whatever to the point of having zero friends on the team.

• He is the Anti-Fitzgerald in the playoffs. (883 yards and 2 TDs in 16 games)
    • Reggie Wayne had 8 playoff TDs while they were teammates.

Those teams underachieved like crazy and Harrison is a big factor in that.

He's also more than likely a murderer.

OJ was also a murderer but he was a great teammate as far as I have heard.

• BTW, I would have left OJ off the team if they included 50 RBs.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:23 PM, lancerman said:

OJ and LT. The reality is they weren't going to leave a lot of the guys on it off. 

There's only 6 first ballot WR's. Berry, Alworth, Warfield, Largent, Rice and Moss. Pretty much any one of them retired with more records and accolades than TO. Right now TO is top 3 all time but he's well behind Rice and stats are inflated for WR's so you really can't compare him to most guys pre Rice based off stats alone. The other no brainer was Hutson. He is the forefather of the WR, shattered the records in his day and pretty much owned them the entire pre Super Bowl era before many rules changes. You can't even have the list without Hutson. You remove him it's like keeping Jim Brown off. 

So right there you have 7 of the 10. 

Hirsch, Fitzgerald and Harrison are the only three you consider swapping TO with. 

Of those 3 Fitz already passed TO in receptions by alot, he's 2000 ahead of TO in yards, 

Then you have Harrison. Same amount of All Pros at 8, TO has more First Teams in that split though. Until about a day ago he had the record for single season receptions. He was selected ahead of TO on the 2000's All Decade Team, he led the league in receptions and yards while TO didn't. All time he leads TO in receptions. He's top 10 All time in single season receiving yards. He also shows up on that list one more time before you get to TO's best season. TO's ahead in TD's but Harrison is still top 5 all time. Likewise in a shorter career he's only 1000 yards behind TO all time. It's basically a toss up at best and Harrison has a ring and was part of some of the most prolific offenses ever and the arguably the best offensive team of the 2000's. 

So now you have Elroy Hirsch who is a totally different era. He set the record for receiving yards with 1495. TO never hit that mark in a single season.... oh and Hirsch did it in a 12 game season unlike TO who had a whole career of 16 game seasons to pull it off. He set the record for receiving yards per game. He's still top 3 in that. He's still tied for top 5 in single season receiving TD's despite again playing shorter seasons than most guys. So I really don't know how you swap a guy who did that much out in an era where it was harder to be a receiver and put up those numbers. It's absurd. 

So really maybe you swap him for Fitz or Harrison but they both have arguments. 

You are leaving off the fact that Harrison had Manning throwing him the ball. Arguably the GOAT regular season QB. I guess you can argue that TO had a few seasons with Young, but thats before the passing rules changed. 

The NFL literally changed passing rules so that Manning could compile stats and win MVPs.

13 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Just another point for Fitz. Being the best player in the world matters.

No one was close to Fitzgerald in that 2008 playoffs.

• 30 catches 541 yards and 7 TDs in that playoff run.
    • For comparison, Peyton Manning threw 5 combined TDs in his 2 Super Bowl runs.

Not only that, he also would have made the play that won the Super Bowl if Antrel Rolle did not block him by hanging out on the sideline.

He averages over 100 yards and a TD in the playoffs.

I would take Fitz over Owens on any team.

The only thing that Fitz was better than Owens at was being sure handed. Well, that and not being an egotistical donkey. So I guess 2 things. TO was a much more explosive player though. 

On 12/21/2019 at 10:27 AM, bmorecareful said:

Terrell Owens probably the most disrespected player in NFL history... there is no logical way in the history of the world u can justify 10 receivers over him nor can u justify him not being a first ballot hall of famer... The NFL is a joke when it comes to the favoritism they show to certain players historically... 10 receivers better than TO... that’s just ridiculous... throw away the whole list 

I agree for the most part, but when the NFL honors you by inducting you into the HOF and you don't even show up for the ceremony, then don't expect to get honored again by them. 

TO made his bed. I say let him lie in it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkippyX said:

Harrison was a miserable human who was antisocial or angry or whatever to the point of having zero friends on the team.

• He is the Anti-Fitzgerald in the playoffs. (883 yards and 2 TDs in 16 games)
    • Reggie Wayne had 8 playoff TDs while they were teammates.

Those teams underachieved like crazy and Harrison is a big factor in that.

He's also more than likely a murderer.

OJ was also a murderer but he was a great teammate as far as I have heard.

• BTW, I would have left OJ off the team if they included 50 RBs.

Literally no evidence that he is lol.