NFL 100 team

3rivers

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

There is no point in Harrisons career where he was the consensus best WR in the NFL. And I am not trying to bash the guy, but TO and Moss were clearly considered better by almost everyone. Then you had Fitz making a case along with Harrison. 

Well, Harrison was first team all pro three times. He had seasons where he did look like the best receiver in football.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats a fair argument. I think the counter point is that Brees did it for years without Thomas. He also played in the same era as guys who smashed virtually ever record. 

On the other hand, Peyton literally was the OC of his teams and could throw to Harrison as much as he wanted. It really is a unique situation. 

The mythology of Peyton “coach on the field” Manning is so weird. He had no more input than every elite QB has. If he was the true OC someone should have told the Colts, because they wasted a lot of money paying Tom Moore to do absolutely nothing.

All great QBs audible. Waving his arms a lot and walking back from under centre doesn’t make Peyton an OC.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:59 PM, lancerman said:

At what? People always say this but there is more than scrambling and deep ball accuracy to being a QB (the only two things I really give Rodgers over Brady). 

Brady is probably the best post snap read ever, he's probably barely behind Manning for pre snap read, he has the most dangerous and high velocity short and intermediate passes ever, his pocket movement and awareness is arguably the best we've ever seen from a QB, he's probably the best ever at the QB sneak.When he does throw the deep ball he can hit guys like Moss or Gronk who aren't liabilities pinpoint as well, but I will grant others do it more frequently to be given the nod. So what is it? Running and scrambling and throwing off balance?

Dude, Brady can't run to save his life.  

You have to be able to get out of the pocket when pressure mounts.  

I don't know which football games you were watching, because Brady has no pocket movement at all.  Then he gets upset whenever he gets sacked and blames everybody else. 

He solely depends on getting the football off as early as he can.  

Every QB has to be able to read the defense before the play.  That's like the standard rule of thumb for pro quarterbacks. You're making it look like Brady's the only guy who does that.  

And, QB sneaks lean more on the offensive line, not on the QB.  

He wouldn't have been in the postseason as much as he was if it weren't for guys like Randy Moss or Rob Gronkowski.  

At the end of the day, Brady's just not that great. 

6 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

So far, you speak the truth

I don't know which football games you were watching, because Brady has no pocket movement at all.  Then he gets upset whenever he gets sacked and blames everybody else. 

This is where you show you are telling stories. I never saw Brady "blame" everyone else or anyone else.

That's all there is to it, eh? 

Every QB has to be able to read the defense before the play.  That's like the standard rule of thumb for pro quarterbacks. You're making it look like Brady's the only guy who does that.  

He's the only guy that can do it and know what it means, and react properly when the ball is snapped. You make it sound like - because everyone takes the math test they are all equal at math. Doh!  'fraid not, RM

He wouldn't have been in the postseason as much as he was if it weren't for guys like Randy Moss or Rob Gronkowski.  

You can say that for any QB. They all need weapons and TB has had fewer than other great QBs.

And RM is just not that smart a football fan.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

LUL.

There is a reason Brady has been regarded as an elite QB for 20 years. It's evident you just don't like Brady.

Edited by lolsurebro
  • Like 1

Here are the QB finalists:

Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Joe Namath, Bart Starr, Sammy Baugh, Terry Bradshaw, Drew Brees, John Elway, Brett Favre, Dan Fouts, Otto Graham, Bobby Layne, Sid Luckman, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers, Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, Johnny Unitas, Norm Van Brocklin and Steve Young.

I'm surprised Warren Moon and Jim Kelly didn't even make it as finalists. Sonny Jurgensen was left out as well. The biggest omission though is Len Dawson. He absolutely deserves to at least be a finalist. 

Edited by PapaShogun

2 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

This is where you show you are telling stories. I never saw Brady "blame" everyone else or anyone else

Brady has blamed the refs on the field more than any other QB.  Also gets in fights with his coaching staff, and Belichick almost left New England because of him.  

13 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

You can say that for any QB. They all need weapons and TB has had fewer than other great QBs.

Not true at all. 

Rodgers has had nobody in his career so far.  He's never had any consistent receivers at Green Bay.  Heck, he didn't even have a full time RB for half a season.  

Brees is the same way.  How did he ever win a Super Bowl long before Michael Thomas came into the league?  Because of his sheer talent.  

If anything, Brady has had more weapons as wideouts and TEs than the average quarterback in the league.  

5 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Troy Aikman, Joe Namath, Bart Starr, Sammy Baugh, Terry Bradshaw, Drew Brees, John Elway, Brett Favre, Dan Fouts, Otto Graham, Bobby Layne, Sid Luckman, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers, Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, Johnny Unitas, Norm Van Brocklin and Steve Young.

I'm surprised Warren Moon and Jim Kelly didn't even make it as finalists. Sonny Jurgensen was left out as well. The biggest omission though is Len Dawson. He absolutely deserves to at least be a finalist. 

Out of that list,

Marino, Bradshaw, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Staubach, Tarkenton, Young, and Unitas should all be there.  

Don't know why Montana isn't in that list either.  

I do agree that Jim Kelly should be included, but don't agree about Moon.  

1 minute ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Out of that list,

Marino, Bradshaw, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, Staubach, Tarkenton, Young, and Unitas should all be there.  

Don't know why Montana isn't in that list either.  

I do agree that Jim Kelly should be included, but don't agree about Moon.  

I forgot to put Montana and Brady there. They have already been revealed to be on the list. The other 8 are a mystery. 

13 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

LUL.

There is a reason Brady has been regarded as an elite QB for 20 years. It's evident you just don't like Brady.

Not saying he isn't elite.  

He is, but is nowhere near being the greatest QB of all time.  

He is worse now than he's ever been, and he thinks he can play until he's 50.  

A lot of people do believe this will be his last season.  He'll probably come back though.  

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

The mythology of Peyton “coach on the field” Manning is so weird. He had no more input than every elite QB has. If he was the true OC someone should have told the Colts, because they wasted a lot of money paying Tom Moore to do absolutely nothing.

All great QBs audible. Waving his arms a lot and walking back from under centre doesn’t make Peyton an OC.

What set Manning apart was his ability to memorize plays.  

For him, it was like having an entire playbook to pick from right on the field.  

You do have a point that all great QBs know how and when to change the play on the field.

But, Manning simply had so much more plays to choose from within seconds.  

16 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Not saying he isn't elite.  

He is, but is nowhere near being the greatest QB of all time.  

He is worse now than he's ever been, and he thinks he can play until he's 50.  

A lot of people do believe this will be his last season.  He'll probably come back though.  

How do you define the greatest?

23 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Troy Aikman, Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Joe Namath, Bart Starr, Sammy Baugh, Terry Bradshaw, Drew Brees, John Elway, Brett Favre, Dan Fouts, Otto Graham, Bobby Layne, Sid Luckman, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers, Roger Staubach, Fran Tarkenton, Johnny Unitas, Norm Van Brocklin and Steve Young.

Upon further thinking, Brady and Brees are the only current QBs that made the finalist list. However, I was wondering who among the other current QBs should have potentially at least been named a finalist. 

Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, and I think Matt Ryan are the only others that would have a chance. They are all at the bookend of their careers with their story largely completed. Ryan and Roethlisberger I think have the biggest case, and I think both will be in the HOF. Eli Manning has the two Super Bowls, but I feel like his play for most of his career has had the shooting start effect. Rivers is funny to me, because I feel like he's had the better career than Fouts has had, but he may not make the HOF. 

43 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

If the objective is to represent all eras best as possible, I think Peyton and Brady are the only two you can take from this era.