2017-18 Offseason Talk

Glen

Jerry West joins the team and all of a sudden the Clippers start doing smart things..... 

As for Doc lasting the remaining two years? Probably. He will get a pass next year even if the team doesn't do so well since CP3 left, but I expect them to compete for and even make the playoffs. The situation could be awkward heading into the final season if they don't work out a extension before that though. 

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jerry West joins the team and all of a sudden the Clippers start doing smart things..... 

As for Doc lasting the remaining two years? Probably. He will get a pass next year even if the team doesn't do so well since CP3 left, but I expect them to compete for and even make the playoffs. The situation could be awkward heading into the final season if they don't work out a extension before that though. 

I think the Clippers healthy could be close to 50 wins and I think if they deal with injuries they could be closer to 30. Lotta ways their season could go. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Vinny D N had just as much playoff success if I'm not mistaken 

Yep, Vinny D got them to the 2nd round once and that's about as far as the Clippers have gotten with Rivers. I mean the last few years injuries have really killed them so Doc can't be blamed all that much for that, but choking the way they did against OKC in game 5 and then the following year to the Rockets? That was flat out terrible. I think Rivers is going to enjoy coaching this type of team next year. Very little pressure and they could be one of the surprise teams. Any sort of injury to BG or DJ basically kill their season though.

1 hour ago, Spartica4Real said:

Pels in contention for best uniform now, they were already good but the new Nike uniforms fixed the way too small lettering. They look amazing. 

no picture? c'mon now....

15 hours ago, champ11 said:

yeah what does everyone think of the new jerseys?

I think Nike is mailing it in, tbh. I'm so happy the Nuggets moved away from the baby blue even though I saw mixed reactions on Twitter

Think they've done a crap job so far tbh. One example, on the bucks jerseys they've squished together the lettering on Milwaukee for no reason. 

this doesn't shock me though, adidas has been the better brand for awhile now. 

Archived