2017-18 Offseason Talk

Glen

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So sick of this melo crap. It’s like a boring side story of a tv show. 

He keeps adding teams that have no reasonable way of trading for him.  Cleveland would have to trade Love (I wouldn't with Thomas' status) and obviously New York would have to give up an actual asset to sweeten the deal for Cleveland (2018 1st rounder or Ntilikina).  OKC doesn't have a 1st rounder to add until 2022, so unless New York really likes Kanter and Abrines, then OKC is off the table.

He should be more open to Portland and Utah.

The Cavs could put a package together around Osman I guess. Osman/Shumpert and then whoever else to make the salaries match. 

Rockets have no chance of getting him via trade.

Thunder don't have much to offer either.

Knicks may just end up buying Melo's contract out.

40 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Cavs could put a package together around Osman I guess. Osman/Shumpert and then whoever else to make the salaries match. 

Rockets have no chance of getting him via trade.

Thunder don't have much to offer either.

Knicks may just end up buying Melo's contract out.

True.  Osman/Zizic, Shumpert, Frye, and Felder gets it done contract wise.  Throw in one of their 2nd rounders as well.  I don't think New York would take that, but it does give them a young piece and an expiring contract.  They've said they don't want to take on extra salary, so the 2nd year for Shumpert could be an issue.

Only chance for OKC or Houston is 3-team trades, but they don't have any sweeteners.

Shumpert's 2nd year is still much better than taking on someone like Anderson who's 2nd year salary is almost $10 million more. It is going to be almost impossible to make a deal without taking on someone with solid amount of cash in the 2nd year. 

They could just end up buying him out. Not sure if Melo would want that though. He does seem to be in a rush to get out of New York ASAP. Not sure why he didn't extend his list a lot sooner. He waited until a few days before camp and now wants the team to make a deal before Monday. 

Archived