2017-18 Offseason Talk

Glen

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Really want your Pelicans to get in too. Need Boogie in the playoffs. 

I'm guessing you were talking to me? I originally posted in this thread but a mod split my post off as part of another thread or something idk.

I hope so too. I think we will but I'm forever an optimist. I like the way the starters have looked in the preseason, but the scrub guys are more scrub than other teams' scrub guys. I think we'll be a classic example of a really strong starting lineup with bad depth for days and I think we'll finish around 45-46 wins. Suppose we'll see if that'll be good enough for playoffs. 

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Lue just said Wade will be the starter and Smith will come off the bench. Not really sure about that. It's kind of overkill to have Rose/Wade/LBJ as the starters. Would be better if Rose or Wade came off the bench. 

It won’t last long. But lue also said that rose would be the first to come out and will run the second unit. 

Yeah, Lue could stagger the minutes and find ways around it. Still, I'd probably go with Wade off the bench.

I felt the best rotation was when Blatt would take LeBron out after five or  six so minutes and then bring him in again in the last three minutes of the quarter where he would play with the 2nd unit up until Kyrie/Love returned. That stopped after Lue became the HC I think.

goddam aaron gordon's shots looking good. whole process is like 2/3 the time it took him last year. looks like a shooter when he shoots now. i believe he's no longer hype, he's real good. verrry easily best player on ORL roster. & Jonathon Simmons probably the 3rd best player. lol. he's nice though. a favorite to win MIP with the role/minutes he's gonna get. 

simmons is immediately one of my favorite magic players of all time

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I was just listening to RJ and Frye's new Road Trippin' podcast with JR Smith when I got this tweet notification.

Damn... I really hope he keeps the podcast going whether he keeps playing or retires.

Pod cast is too popular for him to just stop. It wont be as funny without Frye. I wasnt a fan of a lot of the episodes they released over the summer and he wasnt in them. Sucks to go from a contending team like the Cavs to the Hawks. I wonder if he will just retire. 

I am sad to see him go!

Archived