2017-18 Offseason Talk

Glen

53 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Certainly not as the GOAT......Which I'm sure sdrawcab was referring too. Unless you actually think he has?

I don't think LeBron is the GOAT.  You asked what he has passed Jordan in, and there's many things that LeBron has done more/better/etc. than Jordan.

Can anyone explain to me why the Spurs signed Gasol to that huge contract?  I'm just baffled at that decision and there's nothing I can come up with for why they offered him that much.  If they wanted to reward him for opting out, then they should have given him a big 1 year deal.

Sure there are, but LeBron certainly hasn't passed Jordan as the GOAT...........

https://theundefeated.com/features/demarcus-cousins-cant-wait-for-nba-season-to-start/

Nice article on Boogie. Like that he lost quite a bit of weight. Really hoping the pairing between him and AD works. I know the league is trending towards going with the small ball line ups, but it would be nice to have a team with two dominant bigs. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Undeniable goat. 

Jordan beat a bunch of scrubs 

If scrubs means no Western Conference dynasty level teams, sure. I'd agree, very good, and Bron has faced better teams in his finals appearances. Bron is GOAT level already.

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

If scrubs means no Western Conference dynasty level teams, sure. I'd agree, very good, and Bron has faced better teams in his finals appearances. Bron is GOAT level already.

Well, I mean hard for Jordan to face Western Conference dynasty teams when he denied damn near all of them for a seven year stretch.

But LeBron has beat some monster teams in the finals. Sure the OKC team was young, but the way they beat the Lakers and Spurs back to back? Then a damn good Spurs team and a 73 win Dubs team. Still not the GOAT, but case for top 2-3.

Archived