Bowl Season Game Day Thread

naptownskinsfan

8 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

And do what instead? They caught a top 5 team that lost to the best team in the country and suffered a fluke loss on the road to its rival. This should have been expected. It was an awful matchup.

Yeah. I never expected Michigan to win this one. 
I would expect anyone to win this one against Bama.

Shea's over-throwing every pass (again) didn't help things either.

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

At what point do you say enough is enough though? He's looking like he's not getting the program over the hump and will keep them at "above average" with high recruits coming in year after year. If everyone is ok with this, fine, as an OSU fan, I'll accept that. It just doesn't make sense to me. If his name isn't what it is, I feel he's gone last season

When they start playing worse and start losing revenue. It sucks to be stuck in this purgatory, but firing somebody who has you as a good team that can't overcome an elite one is not where you want to be. Having to play Wisconsin consistently in the crossover doesn't help either.

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

When they start playing worse and start losing revenue. It sucks to be stuck in this purgatory, but firing somebody who has you as a good team that can't overcome an elite one is not where you want to be. Having to play Wisconsin consistently in the crossover doesn't help either.

It's safe to stay pat and be decent. Recycling coaches can get you Kirby Smart with some luck and all the sudden you're Georgia, but you're a lot more likely to be Tennessee.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It's safe to stay pat and be decent. Recycling coaches can get you Kirby Smart with some luck and all the sudden you're Georgia, but you're a lot more likely to be Tennessee.

Pretty much. And Harbaugh was the Kirby Smart for Michigan. Who the hell are they hiring next? Matt Campbell? Venables? There's no evidence either are better than Harbaugh. There is no obvious coaching candidate.

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Not too far away from Tennessee right now. Again, I'm ok with it but time has to be running out

11 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Pretty much. And Harbaugh was the Kirby Smart for Michigan. Who the hell are they hiring next? Matt Campbell? Venables? There's no evidence either are better than Harbaugh. There is no obvious coaching candidate.

Gotta try to find someone if you want to improve. I'm not sure many pegged Day having the success he did right out of the gate and he had massive shoes to fill but it worked this year

4 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Michigan is nowhere near Tennessee right now. 

They had a god awful year and finished 7-5 and y'all finished 9-4 in arguably an inferior conference and much better recruits. Not a huge gap IMO

Edited by JTagg7754

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

They had a god awful year and finished 7-5 and y'all finished 9-4 in arguably an inferior conference and much better recruits. Not a huge gap IMO

Tennessee nearly hired the current HC of Rutgers like 2 years ago. There's a mountain of a difference between Michigan and Tennessee.

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

They are 20 spots lower on SP+ ratings. They lost to BYU and Georgia State. They get a free game against an FCS opponent and play one less conference game. They are not close to Michigan.