Knowledgeably Rank the Potential NFL Job Openings By Desirability to HCs

Mind Character

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

So what you are saying then... is the Cowboys are relevant to most NFL fans. 

And I bet you watched more Cowboys games this year than almost any other team.... 

No I'm not saying that at all.

I've watched 2 NFL games all year.  Both Redskins games, neither were against Dallas.  

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

.... Bro, wake up to 5-10 year old news. Jerry doesnt do most of the GM duties and hasnt for a long time. We are also the biggest market with the best facilities in the entire NFL (maybe all of sports). You have an owner that will spend to the maximum. A "Drafting- GM" in Will McClay who has selected the most all-pros in the NFL over the last 5 years, and "Contract-GM" in Stephen Jones that has us sitting on $100m in cap space next year with only a few key guys to lock up. A roster that has the bulk of its stars under contract for 3-5 more years. Oh yeah, and its the DALLAS FREAKING COWBOYS. All you have to do is win 1 ring and you are set for life. Would be able to get any media job you wanted. 

Maybe if this was baseball that would matter more. But in the heavily salary-capped league, eh. The only thing that makes this desirable is Jerry might offer you a ton of money if you are a top candidate.

In any case - Jerry was just quoted a few days ago that he basically gets the last say in any decision and how he decides everything basically. If I'm a top HC candidate hearing Jerry say that isn't exactly going to make me want to coach there. If Jerry wasn't still obsessed with having control Garrett would've been gone a long time ago, because all Garrett provides is being a yes man to him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Also I'm confused on why people think the McCaskey family are great owners.

The Bears are an insanely average franchise the last 30 years or so.

They're arguably the most hands off owners in the league.

12 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Also I'm confused on why people think the McCaskey family are great owners.

The Bears are an insanely average franchise the last 30 years or so.

You could have given me a multiple choice question "who owns the Bears" and I wouldn't have selected that name.  

Just now, Elky said:

They're arguably the most hands off owners in the league.

I mean being hands off is always good but you have to be good at identifying coaching/GM talent that you want to hire in the first place.

For example: Kraft in his tenure as Patriots owner has gone from Parcells to Carroll to Belichick.

The Bears have had failure after failure at both head coach and GM.

Just now, Bolts223 said:

I mean being hands off is always good but you have to be good at identifying coaching/GM talent that you want to hire in the first place.

For example: Kraft in his tenure as Patriots owner has gone from Parcells to Carroll to Belichick.

The Bears have had failure after failure at both head coach and GM.

Well, I'm saying that from the perspective of someone that wants to be a head coach; I don't how anyone keeps their sanity while working for micromanagers like Snyder or Jerruh.

44 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Maybe if this was baseball that would matter more. But in the heavily salary-capped league, eh. The only thing that makes this desirable is Jerry might offer you a ton of money if you are a top candidate.

In any case - Jerry was just quoted a few days ago that he basically gets the last say in any decision and how he decides everything basically. If I'm a top HC candidate hearing Jerry say that isn't exactly going to make me want to coach there. If Jerry wasn't still obsessed with having control Garrett would've been gone a long time ago, because all Garrett provides is being a yes man to him.

This entire argument is borderline on the spectrum terrible and I will demolish it later. 

Edited by Matts4313