Week 16 GDT - Rams @ 49ers

Forge

46 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I remember that Taylor had surprising strength, so I'm open to the possibility of him filling in well for DJJ. Hope he delivers. 

If this Rams game really doesn't matter, as far as seeding, I hope they do rest some of these guys. Especially a ribs-injury guy like Tartt. 

It definitely matters for seeding. 

• Like 1

I just watched rams cowboys for the first time on gamepass. Hadnt even seen a single highlight but I obviously knew how the game played out

Soft Goff was horrible and their entire offense looked completely lost. They were very sloppy early. 

Apparently Soft Goff hurt his thumb hitting his LTs helmet with his throwing hand. It happened at the end of the first half when the cowboys DE came underneath whitworth and directly in front of goff's face (he was picked off on the play too, for good measure). Even before this, he was super inaccurate from the first throw of the game onward. It was pretty pathetic actually how bad he was early before he got hurt lol was missing throws by 10+ yards

He started to sharpen up in the 2nd quarter, hurt his hand with like 1:30 left in the 2nd, and then was a bit shaky the start of the 3rd.  by the 4th the cowboys were up by so much that they were playing prevent and goff was dinking and dunking underneath. he looked fine dumping the ball off 5 yards when they were down 30 lol 

The cold and the rain is not going to be Goff's friend on Saturday. The thumb didnt look that bad and I am sure he is icing etc but 

Gurley is obviously not the same player. I noticed that when they line him up next to goff in shotgun, he isnt good enough moving laterally to be able to run the ball to the opposite side of the qb. If he gets a handoff, its going to go to the side that he is lined up on. He can basically only run straight forward. The only other play they can run with him there is a screen pass to that side, or have him pass block. 

So, whichever side gurley lines up on when they are in shotgun, we should have whoever is playing NT (thomas/street/day) bull rush the G on that side and stand him up justin smith style. Not even try and disengage, just drive the guy backwards as much as you can. If they run its going to force gurley to try and move laterally, something he cannot do. If they pass its going to back up the OLman into goff's face, and I would be happy if goff was able to hit his throwing hand on his teammates helmet again. This also wont let the OL release and try to get the ball to gurley in a screen either.  

I noticed this tidbit because the cowboys kept swapping their DTs whenever gurley switched sides in shotgun. makes sense and was very well thought out on their part. Lets copy it lol Honestly, I am glad gurley is going to play this week. I dont think Malcom brown is that great but hes definitely better than gurley right now. They hardly give him any snaps. Henderson is their 3rd rb and a rookie from memphis, that I thought was a perfect fit for the outside zone run (that sean learned from kyle and mike). I have no idea why he isnt even given a look either. 

Mcvay is pretty pass happy because they simply cannot run the ball. Gurley is slow and their OL is bad. So McVay is leaning on Soft Goff right now. They are running a fair amount of screens to try and prevent teams from blitzing too much, but I still think we should blitz the crap out of them. You just have to know where the eligible receivers are (Higbee, gurley, and any WR that sits down) and not let them get behind you. I think we can try and blitz from one side based on formation and where gurley is lined up/moves after the snap. He cant start on one side and work his way to the other, from what I have seen recently. Or at least, they dont ask him too because they know how slow he is lol 

btw, I just realized that gamepass has a boatload of extra content.  They basically have everything NFL films has ever made. Its incredible.

They have film sessions with baldy and jaworski, they have every sound FX going back 3-4 years plus a bunch of ones with HOFers, they have all of the hard knocks, they have every single americas game, it goes on and on and on.

I cannot recommend gamepass enough. Just being able to go back and watch whatever game you want in 30 minutes with the condensed version of games is amazing by itself. I never have to DVR anything, its all there automatically. 

The film session that they have with Kittle, baldy and jaws is hilarious. They created a montage of kittle motioning and put it to old style music, I laughed harder than I should have lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Kyle said Brunskill would step in for Person if he's out. 

I am very okay with Brunskill being anywhere, but if Person can't go that's an issue. It's crazy that the team only has 7 offensive linemen as it is. Only 6 would be very bad. 

• Like 2

Really sucks Tartt is out again but hopefully he is healthy to go next week against the Saints. The Rams try to attack Harris like the Saints did and like the Falcons attempted to at times. 

Glad to see that Sherman/Williams will be back though. Was hoping to see Taylor back but they will be in three WR sets for the most part anyways so he wasn't likely to get THAT much time either way. 

• Like 1

So I just realized if we don't get a first round bye and make it the NFCCG that we would have played in 16 consecutive weeks. That's insane and why the early bye really worked against us this year. No team needs the bye more than us. It is vital to get at least a top 2 seed, preferably the #1 seed. 

• Like 4