***Spoilers*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Deadpulse

7 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

So for the hardcore Star Wars fans who were the other Jedi who spoke to Rey? Are they dead?

i only heard about Kanan because he’s voiced by FPJ, the others are ??

Mace, Quigon, Anakin, Yoda and ObiWan I recognized.  I had to look up the others.  Luminari Unduli, Aayla Secura, Ahsoka Tano and Adi Gallia, all from the animated shows

18 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

So for the hardcore Star Wars fans who were the other Jedi who spoke to Rey? Are they dead?

i only heard about Kanan because he’s voiced by FPJ, the others are ??

Anakin, Luke, Mace, Yoda, Obi Wan, I thought I might have heard Liam Neeson though im not sure. 

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Mace, Quigon, Anakin, Yoda and ObiWan I recognized.  I had to look up the others.  Luminari Unduli, Aayla Secura, Ahsoka Tano and Adi Gallia, all from the animated shows

I swear I think Abrams stole that from The Last Airbender series. 

Star Wars would've been so much better if they just had one director the entire time. Rian Johnson is an idiot, and Treverrow getting fired was predictable. He totally butchered Jurassic Park (Jurassic World). Just stay with JJ Abrams.

Overall, this movie was so much better than TLJ. Some things could've been explained/handled better (Palpatine lead up, Chewie reapparence, Finn's apparent understanding of the force, Han Solo appearance etc) but JJ had nothing to work with practically. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

Audience score on Rotten Tomatoes is 85%

Audience score is genuinely broken on Rotten Tomatoes. The major studies are now flooding it. Terminator Dark Fate is at an 82% right now. Charlies Angels is at a 78%. Cats (which is apparently the worst movie of the decade and they had to Clockwork Orange ciritics into staying to review it) is at a 65%.

Audience Score is now just a determination of how many fraudulent accounts a studio is willing to produce and pay for. 

• Like 2

Movie was good. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Better than TLJ. Had a couple of small problems of course, but I figured that would happen going in. Apologies if this has been covered, I haven’t gotten through the 10 pages yet. 
1) I missed it, or they did. What did Finn have to tell Ray?
2) what color was her lightsaber at the end? Yellow? Gold?
3) Lando scene with the girl at the end was weird. 
4) They did a nice job with Leia. 

22 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Sooooo

I enjoyed it. It's not a good movie and it played like fan fiction (in a bad way), but I didnt hate it either. The pacing was horrendous, almost like they were simultaneously fitting more than they could into the movie and trying to hid the flaws by moving so fast you dont even realize what  youve seen until something completely different is happening. The plot is a garbled mess, mostly due to structure. Time has no meaning in this flick. The saber battles were mediocre IMO. There were what, three McGuffins in this flick? Rey, the dagger, and the sith GPS? 

My biggest complaint was that Rey DID NOT need to be Palpatine's granddaughter. What a pile of crap. Despite the fact that the Emporer was poorly handled and explained in general, we didn't need forced familial ties to push the narrative. TLJ set it up fine when Snoke said the light rises to meet the darkness. Since Palp was puppeteer to Snoke, those are his words anyways. Just make Palp need to be struck down by the rising light to create his new emporer. This is the only thing I hated, Rey Palpatine. 

Side note: I am trying to rationalize why Leia's body didnt dissipate right away. She was using force projections to bring back Ben Solo and died from the strain much like Luke did in TLJ. My first thought is that those who mastered force ghosts have their corporeal forms disappear. Leia, Yoda, Luke, and Obiwan all dissipated and force ghosted. You could argue that Anakin also dissipated and they were only burning Vader's armor to line this up and while Ben didnt force ghost its wouldnt be out of the realm of possibility that Luke taught him to do it prior to the split. However, that still does not explain why it took so long for Leia's body to disappear. The reason I WANT it to be is that the skywalker line was a manifestation of the force (IE Anakin is force jesus) to help bring balance to the force by ending Palpatine and once he was gone, all skywalkers merged back into the force and THATS why Leia didnt dissipate until then (Lucky all the Skywalkers died doing it, but that couldve been the Forces plan all along). The only reason that checks all the boxes is that she somehow transferred her light or some piece of her into Kylo Ren to bring back Ben Solo and was apart of him so when he died she officially/actually died. IDK

Good post. Pacing was off at times and there were too many Mcguffins. Your last sentence about Leia and Ben is how I interpreted it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Star Wars would've been so much better if they just had one director the entire time. Rian Johnson is an idiot, and Treverrow getting fired was predictable. He totally butchered Jurassic Park (Jurassic World). Just stay with JJ Abrams.

Overall, this movie was so much better than TLJ. Some things could've been explained/handled better (Palpatine lead up, Chewie reapparence, Finn's apparent understanding of the force, Han Solo appearance etc) but JJ had nothing to work with practically. 

Spot on. I took to understand though about Han that it was in Bens head. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Good post. Pacing was off at times and there were too many Mcguffins. Your last sentence about Leia and Ben is how I interpreted it. 

I really hate how direct that was. 

Like, I can understand how the death of a parent would force someone to reconsider their life and light/dark alignment and all that. But I really hate how she practically forced him. Like she said his name and he instantly switched from moderate dark to moderate light. It's almost like he didn't get a choice.

6 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

How awesome would it have been if

Rey can’t get up

Anakin defends palpatines strike

”Time to fulfill the prophecy”

Obiwan, Mace Windu, Yoda, Quigonn all started fighting Palpatine

A small part of me thought this was coming. Seriously. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I really hate how direct that was. 

Like, I can understand how the death of a parent would force someone to reconsider their life and light/dark alignment and all that. But I really hate how she practically forced him. Like she said his name and he instantly switched from moderate dark to moderate light. It's almost like he didn't get a choice.

Didn’t we learn anything from Martha?