SNF: Chiefs at Bears

Malfatron

1 minute ago, Hukos said:

If Atlanta has the guts to depart from Quinn, Bienemy is at the top of the list of guys I want to be our next head coach.

I mean this with utmost respect for the guy but I really feel he's being overrated. He's been here for a while and there's nothing to indicate he's some kind of innovator. He's a philosophical type of guy and maybe a decent leader but that's about where it ends.

Reid is still the brains in this outfit.

1 minute ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I mean this with utmost respect for the guy but I really feel he's being overrated. He's been here for a while and there's nothing to indicate he's some kind of innovator. He's a philosophical type of guy and maybe a decent leader but that's about where it ends.

Reid is still the brains in this outfit.

We're currently dealing with Dirk "dink and dunk for 5 yards on 3rd and 15" Koetter who was hired by Quinn to run our offense. He's atrocious. I think Quinn just doesn't understand good offensive football, so even if Eric isn't elite, he's a sure sight better than what we've got going right now. Different side of the coin for us compared to you guys I guess - from our perspective an average offensive mind is a huge upgrade.

3 minutes ago, Hukos said:

We're currently dealing with Dirk "dink and dunk for 5 yards on 3rd and 15" Koetter who was hired by Quinn to run our offense. He's atrocious. I think Quinn just doesn't understand good offensive football, so even if Eric isn't elite, he's a sure sight better than what we've got going right now. Different side of the coin for us compared to you guys I guess - from our perspective an average offensive mind is a huge upgrade.

Fair enough. Just seems like he's being sought after as some genius type and I don't think whoever hires him will get that.

I want someone who at a bare minimum is a competent offensive mind. That's something we don't have on staff right now. The best hire imo is Stefanski but if we can't get that, Bienemy would still be good. The Falcons do not incorporate anything resembling a modern NFL offense in the year of our lord 2019 - calling it archaic would be a compliment, which is why I want the coaching staff cleaned out. You just can't win the way we're coached on offense.

If nothing else, I would imagine Eric wouldn't run an archaic offense from the stone ages.