2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I probably missed something but, I see R2 is listed but it's still in View Only mode

@ny92mike

Still working it.  Loading newly signed players into official rosters now...gonna take a bit longer than normal because I loading more than just the first year of the contract....Still not loading the entire contract because to be honest it's a killer on time, I'm looking at doing the first three years.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Still working it.  Loading newly signed players into official rosters now...gonna take a bit longer than normal because I loading more than just the first year of the contract....Still not loading the entire contract because to be honest it's a killer on time, I'm looking at doing the first three years.

Understandable also when you have time can you re send me my work book for some reason it's not working for me

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Understandable also when you have time can you re send me my work book for some reason it's not working for me

is it not working because Mike has them locked while he adds the new contracts? Or not working in a different way?

Well safe to say the Cardinals are happy with this result. 

It all started with me realizing that I was going to be offering Kenyan Drake essentially the same APY that the transitional tag was. With that opening a fourth spot, I am very happy to say that we re-signed AQ Shipley. This year's offensive line was one of the better offensive lines that that Cardinals have had in a long time. DJ Humphries was the best left tackle on the market, in my opinion. A good number of teams tried low-balling him, but the contract I gave him is likely what I think he's going to get IRL. He's not  the greatest left tackle in the world by any means, but there's far more bad left tackles than there are good ones. This helps stabilize our offensive line and protect Kyler Murray which is the most important thing. I have an adequate starting offensive line on my roster now with Humphries-Mason Cole-Shipley-JR Sweezy-Justin Pugh. With young pieces like Justin Murray who performed well last year at times. It gives me the flexibility to still have room for improvement but not needing to force it. 

Then we also landed Ndamukong Suh. For those who don't know, the Cardinals defensive line was absolutely pitiful last year. Suh brings a veteran into a room that desperately needs someone who can be a difference maker. Bringing Suh in hopefully opens up more room for Chandler Jones, and takes pressure off of Jordan Hicks from having to make every play. With another legitimate NFL player, Corey Peters should be able too have more room to make plays now that they have to account for Suh. 

We were close to bringing back Markus Golden but know that he is happy in New York. We are trying to revamp our front 7 on defense and we have certainly made good progress thus far. In addition to adding Prince Amukamara, we now have a veteran defense to compliment Kyler Murray's offense, which is exactly what this team needs after the last few years of weaker, inconsistent, and inexperienced defenses

• Like 1