Greg Williams Defence.

Kiwibrown

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The most iconic moment in rugby history, the semi final NZ v England 1995. Mike Cat 15 in white played for 10-12 years in England and was no scrub. 

Lomu was 18 or 19 years old 6'5" 260 pounds, ran like a sprinter, into the english. No athlete has ever been as big, as fast and as graceful. 

That's a serious athlete...balance is unbelievable.

The fact that they let that guy play without giving pads to the other side seems kind of wrong...

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

That's a serious athlete...balance is unbelievable.

The fact that they let that guy play without giving pads to the other side seems kind of wrong...

sadly he had a kidney disease that meant he never hit his prime, two yeas after that he couldn't run 3 kilometers without stopping, he never hit his physical peak. 

On the topic of the defense...

I had been suspecting, and it was pretty much confirmed in this interview, that Gregg Williams wanted the Steelers to play the quick throw game and that's why we saw more guys dropping into coverage instead of blitzing last week. Interesting to think that it's part of the reason they were so blitz-happy in the preseason. I'm curious how the defense will be called this upcoming game. Interesting interview

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'd like to see us utilize our safeties more, or at least be able to see Peppers on my TV screen pre-snap, but it's hard to complain when the offense is so woefully inept. 

I don't find it hard to complain at all. 

Top 5 is misleading AF when you consider who we have played so far. One good offense out of 5 games, and that was week 1, when their RB just got back from a holdout 5 days prior to the game.

1 minute ago, ditchdigger said:

Reminder: 1-20 

Some of you:

When they stripped this roster down to nothing a year and a half ago and then got YOUNGER this past offseason, where you under the impression they were trying to win last season? Right now?

When they deferred picks in 2016 to 2017 and 2018, was that to win NOW? How about when they moved down again this year for more picks next year?

Was starting a 21 year old rookie a win now move?

The most frustrating part of your posts is that it seems as though a typically level headed, smart guy has turned into an obtuse, impatient, Cleveland.com commenter. You're a couple Debbie Downer posts away from becoming bruce.

If they aren't meeting your expectations, your expectations may be the issue.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You're a couple Debbie Downer posts away from becoming bruce.

Low blow.

My expectations were that the coaches would scheme to the talent they had, producing a competitive product while growing into their roles.

They have failed to do that. They have schemed to what they want the talent to be, assuring failure.

7 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Low blow.

My expectations were that the coaches would scheme to the talent they had, producing a competitive product while growing into their roles.

They have failed to do that. They have schemed to what they want the talent to be, assuring failure.

Yeah, my bad, that was kinda effed up.  

Fair point, but no coaching staff is perfect. Hopefully as they have a better idea of who can do what they'll make the needed adjustments.

I think these issues are the byproduct of inconsistent leadership at the top which has led to a lack of continuity which leads to a need to start things from scratch.  Sure, it sucks, but the idea they need more change to fix problems I feel originates from too much change seems crazy.

I don't care if we don't win a game this year as long as I see some growth with the youngins.  

Maybe Hue isn't Hoody part duex, but I think he's a quality coach that can lead this team to a lot of wins if we give him a reasonable amount of talent and time to groom that talent.

Archived